1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deer repellent

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beretta Blue, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Blue

Beretta Blue TS Member

This is serious business. A family friend in Ormond Beach Fla. has a very large, very nice garden of flowers etc. no food, flowers and such.

They have a 6 foot high fence.........doesn't matter. Every evening deer jump the fence and have a salid.

I thought I saw a recipt for deer repelent on this site. Please put it up again. I promised I'd try to help and this seem's to be the perfect forum.

Thanks...

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

There is a product that you can get at most greenhouses, it is called "Scram" .... works well. It repels other stuff too such as rabbits , ect.

3. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

just got this sent to me, try this:

http://www.fazed.org/video/view/?id=724

dennis

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Here's my deer repellent. Works with buckshot or slugs.

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I saw some bottles marked "genuine cayote urine" in the gardening section of a farm store the other day.

6. BMC

BMC Member

http://www.pestproducts.com/deerblock.htm

http://www.pestproducts.com/ropel.htm

http://www.pestproducts.com/pests/deer.htm

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just pee on some rags and position them around the garden! Nothing to buy, and it's already there.

ec90t

8. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

There is something out called DEER FENCE. They have it in a spray and in a pellet form. IT WORKS.

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

We bought some concentrated Deer and Rabbit repellant in a 32 oz bottle. I mixed 2 oz to a quart of water and sprayed it on my armpits and sure enough my wife won't go near me. Seriously the stuff works to keep the bunnies out of our garden but we don't have any deer around.

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

any repellent that you use is only for a short time one thing that WILL work but is a pain to do take chicken wire and lay flat about 2 feet away from other fence depends on how fast grass grows as to if you need to move it if you have that soft grass may last awhile rick

11. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Where I live there are no natural predators to keep the deer in check, they run rampant. Cayote piss doesn't work. Neither does human piss, green apple spray, cayenne or, anything else. The best deer repellent is a yellow lab. My next door neighbor loves ours. He could never keep his flowers until 'Buddy' moved in. Now he gets to enjoy them. Buddy and the emergency back up dawg 'Guinness' keep the deer away here. My neighbor, who has never been much of a dog person, loves them now.

12. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

dogs are just like the repellents they dont work for long i have 3 and there are so many deer that the dogs give up too the post of the guns is the only thing that works 100pc

13. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

One deer season I bought some deer lure (don't remember witch one) and used it, It worked so good none came around all season.

tom

14. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

A two pronged approach works for our gardens. We spread Milorganite (a fertilizer made from the solids removed from Milwaukee's sewage treatment plants, sanitized of course) spread over the entire garden. It has enough human smell remaining that it discourages deer. We back that up by spraying Deer Out, a commercial solution of mint oil, capsican and rotten eggs. It smells like mint, and keeps the deer off well. Last for a month or so. Dear Out works and smells much better than Deer Off or Deer Fence.

Milorganite should not be used in gardens where edible food is, or will be grown. In those areas use dried porcine blood (sold under a variety of names at arborists and better garden centers. Spread it just like Milorganite. There are varieties you can mix with water and spray. I've found the two-pronged approach works much better than any single treatment.

15. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

Hair clippings from the barber shop. Or for you girly men out there, your local salon. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.