1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deer Poaching

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 8708, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8708

8708 Member

This makes me sick! Are you kidding me, only going to loose their hunting privileges in Kansas?

OBERLIN, Kan. — Four men from De Pere and one from Green Bay could lose their hunting privileges in Kansas after being accused of poaching deer.

The men charged are 53-year-old John Jacobs III, 45-year-old Mark Jacobs, 26-year-old Paul Jacobs, and 23-year-old Joseph Jacobs, all of De Pere, and 30-year-old John Jacobs IV of Green Bay. The Decatur County, Kan., clerk's office said the men did not appear with lawyers.

Authorities in Decatur County are accusing the men of running the deer illegally using greyhounds and vehicles. The men were arrested in northwest Kansas on Wednesday after a wildlife officer called the sheriff's office.

The Oberlin (Kan.) Herald reports that the dead bucks were not tagged and had been piled on a trailer and taken into Oberlin as the men were processed in court on misdemeanor charges.

The hunters were released after posting bonds totaling $83,500

[​IMG]

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Poaching on that level should be a felony.

3. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

I thought there is some new law it goes back to your state too, lose it there lose it at home. I wonder how many years this was going on. Very Very Sad.....

4. Brian in Oregon

Every year more and more states sign on to a reciprocity agreement that if someone violates a game law and gets their license revoked, nearly all the other states will honor that revocation and not issue a license either. Only a small handful of states have not yet done this.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Do you really think that just because they don't have a license that they will not hunt??

6. setool

setool Member

Honesty, and I REALLY mean this.....

These BASTARDS need to have their nuts run through a meat grinder !!!

iF ANYONE DISAGREES, please explain "WHY" !!!

Mark Schneider

7. 8708

8708 Member

Here's another pic. I count at least 11 could be 12 deer on the trailer.

Setool, I agree with you completely!

[​IMG]

8. setool

setool Member

Just to expand on my earlier post....

Why do I sit on the side of a tree, bow in tow, loving the fact I can relax and enjoy seeing Mother Nature do Her thing with our BELOVED outdoors, and then have to get SICK over seeing pukes like this,F@%k up our sporting life.

I can still afford to buy hamburger for my Family, as I'm sure most of us can!!!

This REALLY SICKENS MY STOMACH !!!

Mark Schneide

9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

These assholes could buy a lot of Prime Rib for what it is going to cost in fines. Those would be expensive deer in NY. I hope Kansas confiscates their vehicles. They must be a fine family. Larry Evans

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

No excuse. Some years ago there was a guy north of here killing bucks and selling them to Chicago hunters. They found something like 30 bucks hanging in his barn.

Equally reprehensible is the bow hunter who shoots after dark, and puts extra deer on tags he buys for his wife, kids, etc.

I do not know these folks, even though they are from my area. I will see to it that they are well known around my club.

I would also like to know what more there is to the story.

HM

11. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

If this were Montana or Calif these guys would see jail time for sure.

Let me tell you a story that goes to this type of thinking. Back in 81 I was enrolled at a small fundamentalist Bible college in MT. No drinking, no TV, no movies, no rock music, no dancing zip. I was married, just out of the AF and so were some of the other guys. I went deer hunting with two guys from the college. It was October and hotter than heck. I shot my buck, and they each shot a buck and then they each shot another buck on their wife's tags. They saw nothing wrong with this. We were all pretty thirsty and wanted to get something to drink. We pulled into either Denton or Coffee Creek, I can't remember which. The only thing open was the town bar. Neither of these two guys would accompany me in there to buy cokes. So, I went in alone and bought a six pack of coke. When I came out, they wanted some of it. I told them to shove it. They looked at me as if I were the worst sinner in the world. I said, you can poach deer but you can't walk into a bar to buy softdrinks? Talk about straining a gnat but swallowing a camel. We never much hung out together after that. Guys like that just don't see the immorality of it. The only thing you can do with selfish idiots is spank them so hard they will think twice before doing it again.

12. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It's been quite a few years ago, but a family, down along the Ohio River were busted........The authorities said that they were killing around 700 deer a year. It's big business in some parts of the US.

13. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Here's a more recent bust that was only a few months of poaching.

14. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Guy's you certainly haven't heard all of the story yet. As Stub's said the local paper said a total of 16 deer. Somebody else, locals, had to be in on this. I don't live that far from where this took place and when they come back for the trial more will come out. As they say, Stay tuned for further developements.
    Bill

15. shelly

shelly TS Member

So far, they have only been accused, not convicted. I'll wait for the trial before I execute them.

It certainly doesn't look as if they were trying to hide anything- not even a tarp covering the evidence? Either they are incredibly stupid or there is more to this than meets the eye at first glance.

16. Brian in Oregon

Or incredibly drunk.

17. 8708

8708 Member

Incredibly Stupid would be correct. There is no way, in the state of Kansas, that five people can be in the possession of 16 trophy mule deer. It's just not possible.

18. missed some

missed some TS Member

I bet there is more to the story, will wait and see, and they may be trophy heads to some but compared to what is out there in that area, these appear small! nobody could be this stupid, has to be more to it.and they have only been accused mark crist

19. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Pull something like this in Oregon and you will go to jail. I suspect this case will bring a commercial operation to some kind of justice. even a screwey poacher isn't gonna shoot this many deer. My guess is they had buyers. Time will tell. Sure leaves a bad taste in the mouth of people who play by the rules. Jeff

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Thats one of the problems in this country,"play by the rules" you'll be punished!!

Just look at our leadership in DC!! as our examples!

The "anti's" thrive on this type of scum, "see this is what hunters are"

These scumbags should become street people after whatever kind of trial they get!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
jacobs deere hunting fines

john jacobs deer hunting fines

john jacobs deere hunying fines