1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deer hunting Stat's

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Woods, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Deer hunting Stat

Looking for some statistics on deer hunting.Ontario, Michigan, And other states.

Any suggestions!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Joe, I would start with the websites of the State Agency in charge of wildlife. For example, unless I misremember, in Michigan it is the Department of Natural Resources.

In Idaho we have the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Their website is http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/. From there highlight the Hunting link on the left, then click on the Hunting Main Page link. Under the Game Species info click on the Big Game link. From there click on deer, and it will bring up links to harvest data year by year from 2000 to 2008, Any Weapon, Archery, Muzzleloader, by Unit. For example, last year I had a controlled hunt tag for Unit 36A (central Idaho SW of Challis). The season was the last week of October. When I click on the 2008 Controlled Hunt link I see that there were an unlimited number of permits (everybody who applied drew), 210 people drew, 184 actually hunted, 37 people harvested for a 20% success rate, 32% of those deer had at least four points on at least one side, and so on. I shot a 3x4 buck just under 30" wide that is pictured with me on the Trapshooters Faces page.

Other States and Provinces may not have the data on the web in such complete detail, but I bet they have at least some data. I'd look there first, and maybe call if I didn't find it.

3. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Here's the link to Michigan's DNR site, Joe.

Cliff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.