1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deep Scratches in an old Beretta pump Model 151

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by njwoodworker, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

In 1958 my dad worked for Pan Am and flew all around the world and in and out of customs at JKF every week.
    He bought me a 12 gauge pump in Italy for my 13th birthday. The gun had the full name Pietro Beretta rather than P. Berreta. The latter was "legal" the former not. After taking the gun from my dad the customs officer returned with the name nearly completely scratched off both side and told my dad he could have it as is or it would be confiscated.
    I always wanted to have it fixed and reblued but until reading some recent posts did not think it was possible.
    What do you guys think?
    It's not worth much money but valuable to me as he died shortly after.
    Dan Gill 908-448-6820

Regards to Gunfitter. The camera card was misplace shortly after we spoke.

njwoodworker_2009_0211.jpg

njwoodworker_2009_02111.jpg

2. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

In 1958 my dad worked for Pan Am and flew all around the world and in and out of customs at JKF every week.
    He bought me a 12 gauge pump in Italy for my 13th birthday. The gun had the full name Pietro Beretta rather than P. Berreta. The latter was "legal" the former not. After taking the gun from my dad the customs officer returned with the name nearly completely scratched off both side and told my dad he could have it as is or it would be confiscated.
    I always wanted to have it fixed and reblued but until reading some recent posts did not think it was possible.
    What do you guys think?
    It's not worth much money but valuable to me as he died shortly after.
    Dan Gill 908-448-6820

Regards to Gunfitter. The camera card was misplace shortly after we spoke.

njwoodworker_2009_02112.jpg

njwoodworker_2009_02113.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.