1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Decreasing Unemployment

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapperwads, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

I feel badly for anyone who has to go on unemployment through no fault of their own but there have been extensions. Maybe a good way to go...in the second full year of unemployment benefits the last six months would be on a deminishing benefit scale...encouraging recipients to take some kind of job or welfare. I also beleive the high unemployment rate is due to Obama administration policies and I am sure many on here agree with me. I also beleive that minimum wage should be increased to make it more acceptable than the benefits. I know that many businessmen on here will disageee but is it better to pay higher minimums and get work and tax contributors or let them sit on their butts and pay for nothing in return? ed nichols

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Popcorn...

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Think the minimum wage should be raised to over $250,000 per year so everyone can pay the new higher Obama tax rate.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

trapperwads, you are right we should try to do something about min. wage and unemployment benefits. Why don't we lower the unemployment benefits? That would encourage people to take a job rather than sit on their haunches waiting for just the right job to come along. This way it would cost us all less. Bulge.

5. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

It is foolish to think that minimum wage increases benefit anyone. Employers do not absorb the increase, it is simply passed on to the consumer.

6. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Unemployment, welfare, supplementary income benefits and higher prices are all paid by all of us that work. I simply mean I'd rather see full employment and have those people paying taxes as well as contributing to the system and feeling good about themselves having earned the money they spend. So I'd rather pay in increased cost of goods creating jobs than paying higher taxes for people sitting around feeling miserable about themselves. (those that care) ed

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Unemployement will go own because more businesses will hire more people. People on the payroll will be cut to less than 30 hours and more people will be hired to take the hours others are rejected.

Working less than 30 hours reduces the business's requirement to pay Obamacare. The government's part of unemployment cost will go down but the government cost of insurance will increase dramatically.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Just where are all these jobs people are avoiding? I know a few that will scarf them right up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In our little town of 8,000 we have lost the minimum of 2,400 jobs in the last 4 years. (3 factories and 2 food industries) It's not only hurt our economy but of towns 45 miles away. And the highest paid jobs were $15.80. I have quite a few friends near my age (63) worked at those places and have looked all over the State for work and can't find any. Suppose age has something to do with it also.

I didn't work in town and was fortunate enough to be able to retire 4 years ago when this Obama shit hit the fan. Well maybe it wasn't all Obama's fault but most of it was.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Slowdp.....

Guess who gets to pay for their health care and other intitlements because they don't have enough hours to qualify for the benifits. All we will be doing is kicking the can down the road just like our fearless leaders are doing to us now.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Never fear, that fiscal cliff dodge that Reid sent down yesterday to the House to vote on, has another year extension on unemployment benefits. After riding that gravy train for three years, who would want to go back to work? Might as well say you're unable to work and just go on Social Security Disability.

Bob Falfa

11. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Darden Restaurants in or area has made the statement about the 30 hr jobs. Jobs will be opened because so many people will have their hours reduced.

Industrial complexes have moved to China. They are not coming back at the moment. The industrial jobs in small towns have been lost. We are becoming a service country rather than an industrial country.

15 years ago we did 70% of our business in industrial plants. Today we do 70% of our business in scrap yards and waste sites. Something is different in this country.

Hit Google with a search of "Obamacare 30 hr jobs". You will find a lot.

Here are three links about Darden.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-10-07/business/os-darden-part-time-workers-20121007_1_darden-restaurants-health-insurance-olive-gardens

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2012/10/10/darden-restaurants-looks-to-limit.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/11/1143157/-Restaurant-chain-uses-Obamacare-as-excuse-for-cuts-it-was-probably-planning-to-make-anyway

Let me know what you think. Being retired is great for you but it might be a better idea to buy gold and silver coins with most of the cash you have. Inflation is going to screw us up bad.

12. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

stokinpls: you are right on a lot of people. There are a lot of people who want to work though. There are a lot of people who do not meet unemployment requirements as well. Darden is having no problems get the shortened jobs filled. The employees with shortened hours are getting killed as well.

You pay your Obamacare if your employer does not pay it.

Who pays the Obamacare (or provides insurance) if you do not have a job? From what i have seen - a family with 3 children and less than $30,000 per year income goes on Medicaid. The taxpayers get to pay for it.

Try the Obamacare price searches here: http://healthreform.kff.org/subsidycalculator.aspx

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

If you want to employ Americans we need tariffs on all products not Made In America.

14. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Jim,

I look at history a lot and tariffs never have solved anything.

Part if not all of our countries Unemployeement is our regulations.

A while back there was a post about a California legislator giving a CEO grief about building a chip manufacturing plant over seas. At the speech the CEO made when he announced the plants where up and running, he: "yes we opened a billion dollar plant in another country, the fact is that DUE to regulations that same plant if built here would have cost 5 billion dollars. That is not a difference in labor or material costs! Simply regulations!"

I work at a copper mine. It has the lowest ore grade of mine in the world and the highest labor costs, we routinely make more money then more then half the mines in the world.

There is a company that is trying to open a new mine near here. So far the cost of jumping through regulatory hoops has burned up all the seed money they genrated to get it up and running. That leaves me with this question

HOW would a traiff if fix this!!!!??????????????????????????

Al

15. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Buzzy,

I'm making BUTTERED POPCORN!!!!

Chuck

16. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Please provide the addresses in Mexico & China for: OBAMA CARE, EPA, OSHA, UNEMPLOYMENT COMP., WORKERS COMP., MFG. TAX COLLECTION(USA HIGEST RATE), CIVIL/GOV'T EMP.S UNION(CURRENTLY LARGEST UNION IN USA. The "alphabet soup" of state and federal agencies which saddle companys in the US are a huge factor in jobs leaving the country.

Higher minimum wage actually reduces "minimum wage jobs"

There is a segment of society that would much rather receive gov't checks and earn "side money". The more and the longer they are on UEC the more they like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.