1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Decot lense question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

can anybody help me with choosing the right lense color? I mainly shoot orange targets, but also shoot green birds, under the lights. Both clubs that I shoot at have green backdrops. I'd like to get away with one pair of lenses....but if I have to buy an additional pair......Any opinions?

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

vermillion

3. RobPete

RobPete Member

lite, lite med, or medium? too many choices!

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

5. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

I just called Decot direct and they were happy to give recomendations for lense color.

Jack

6. Peasant

Peasant TS Member

If you are color deficient then go with lite med vermilion...If you want contrast for targets in bright conditions look at # 1 v lite rose...it really brings out the target for me...Use itsnotyou's advise and call them ask for a gentleman named Sim he's very knowledgeable...

Good Luck
    Ugo

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

RobPete,

I am a Decot Hy-Wyd Authorized Dealer. Give me a call to discuss.

Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises

Ph: 270.804.5454

8. steele

steele TS Member

At the recent Westy Hogan shoot, I broke my glasses & took them to Ray Mckissick to repair. My squad was up soon, so Ray gave my a set of loaner glasses. He calls them Strawberry #2. It was a very grey, overcast day & they were excellant. They were so good, that I bought new frames & lenses, because he didn't have the #2 lenses for my frames. They are lighter than vermillion & worked great against the green mountain backdrop. I like them better than yellow for shooting under the lights.

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I just purchased a new set of Decot "Revel" frames, and bought 3 sets of Rx lenses for them. Lite Med. Vermillion, Lite Med. Target Orange, and Clear. I use the clear for green targets and for shooting under the lights. I have an old set of Decot HyWyd frames and 6 sets of lenses, but, I found out I only use the three I just described as they work the best for me under all conditions.... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.