1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Decot Hy-Wyd - Best customer service!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pat McKean, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Alta California
    Three weeks ago, I had cataract surgery on my right, dominant eye by the skilled surgeons at Kaiser-Permanente in Oakland, CA. The next day, in the afternoon, I noticed my vision was really starting to improve and I went to testing 20/20 on the eye chart.

I knew then that I’d need new shooting glasses. Decot has been satisfying my need for shooting glasses for many years, and I sent my glasses off to them to have the right lens replaced with a plano lens. They had needed to modify my existing frames to accept the previous prescription lens and we all know what happens to metal when it is bent just one too many times- better to let them do it.

Today I received my new glasses. I’d sent them two pairs of lenses, asking them to just replace the necessary lens. They did that and sent me new frames at no extra charge.

What great customer service! Here it is, in the busiest week of the trapshooting year, I send them my glasses and they make the correction, and get them back to me in ten days. It took longer to ship them than it did to fill my order.

Decot Hy-Wyd provides the very best product and customer service you could ever want.

If you need high quality shooting glasses look no further than Decot Hy-Wyd!

Pat McKean
    Richmond, California
  2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    My experience with Decot was always great when I used prescription glasses. I've also had great service from Ranger since I went to plano lens and contacts.
  3. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Decot has been a great bunch to deal w/ forever. BS'ing w/ Bud at the Ca state shoot was always on the to-do list.

Super folks, super product, super service. A simple fact, not JMO
  4. oddsquad

oddsquad TS Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Yeah decot hy-wyd is a really good company! ive had mine for 2 years now and they are in really really good condition still. ive shot in rain, snow, and some other weather with them and they are great and its nice cause one of the dealer up here in MN is my uncle so i know the money gets there cause i just give it to him. but yeah excellent customer service!!! Kyle
  5. G550

G550 TS Member

Jun 7, 2012
    +1 for Decot.

Ordered 2 pr plano lenses last week. They checked my last order (6 yrs ago) and discovered they were prescription. I now use contacts. They suggested I send in the frames for proper fit. I did.

That is superb customer service.

6. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I know someone who owned a pair and after several years broke one of the ear pieces. He taped it up and intended to stop at decots and buy new frames. Before he could make it over Bud, I think his name is, saw him walking around with broken frames and insisted on replacing them with brand new ones. He wouldn't take any money for them just didn't want a pair of his frames to be seen broken. That is true customer service!
  7. stuka

stuka Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I have been a customer of Decot since the early 1980s. I recently cracked a prescription lense. I called in and told them I broke it and would pay for a new one. I had a new lense in three days, NO CHARGE.

Dean Shepardson
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.