1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DECOT DOES IT AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I was recently on here asking about opinions on a particular set of new shooting glasses. After much deliberation, and some great feedback, I decided to stay with Decot's. I have used them ever since I started shooting and have had no problems with them. Customer service has always been great when I needed new lenses, and I was always treated like an old friend. Well, I went on Decot's website and took a look at their new "Revel" frames and lenses. I liked the way they looked and what they offered, so I called Monday and ordered a set of frames and 2 sets of Rx lenses. I gave them all the information over the phone, and here it is Friday, and they just came via Fedex! The frames are every bit as nice as advertised, and the lenses are the tried and true Decot quality. My thanks to the folks at Decot for a job well done.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Dan,

You could of had Hi Def Specs for two or three times the money ... I agree with you and my choice has been Decot for many years ... Good Luck ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Always a quality company!

Curt

4. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I just wished they would offer a RX insert. I have 16 different colored lenses in plano and now need a RX. 1 RX to fit under all the planos would be perfect. I have a set of the NYX with the insert, but they sure are not Decots.

Tomas

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'm a fan.

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Glad to hear that everyone is happy with their Decot's. I am a Decot Dealer and a Marketplace Sponsor of this site. If you need any help or info on a Decot Product, I am here to assist you!

Thanks,

Matt Woodson

7. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Recently sent them a broken frame and credit card information. All came back "NO CHARGE". Had them back in Minnesota in less than a week. A most pleasant surprise. Hat's off to Decot for a great product and great service.

Bob

8. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Just ordered a new pair of hy-wyds for myself today, this time RX.
    After using them for 19 yrs.I figured I got my moneys worth out of them.no complaints here. Let us know how you like the new Revel glasses Dan. ML

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I have diabetes and some times my eyes change prescriptions. Decot is right there helping me out... cheap no, fair yes and service is wonderful. I always recommend them to new shooters. Fred

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have had Decot change the "dominant eye" lense only. Since I have RX lenses (5 of them) and my prescription change has been slightly adjusted, I don't even notice the non dominant lense is still my old prescription. You have to send both lense in so they get a good match on the color.

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Bought mine in 1983 from Allen, went through several lens but the frames are original. Great product. You get what you pay for.

12. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Decot is a great company to do business with, and makes a great product. I have been using their lenses and frames (in prescription) for many years. Last year, I added my bifocal prescription to my normal prescription lenses, and this has worked out great. Then later, I ordered a special set of clear lenses with the bifocal placed for pistol shooting instead of my normal shotgun lens set up. A Decot rep called me to be sure that I was ordering what I wanted, since the order was different from past orders. Once we discussed why I wanted the different lens set up, she then suggested I have only the right eye ground for the bifocal as I really did not need the left (non dominant) eye bifocal for pistol shooting, and this would save significant cost. I really appreciate the care and interest Decot shows in its customers.

Jim R

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I shot with the new Revel frames this past weekend. They are very nice! Comfortable to wear as well. I really like the "wrap around" feature of these frames and lenses. All in all, a great product at a fair price. I am going to order 2 more sets of lenses today for them..... Dan

14. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Have several pairs and are generally satisfied. Only complaint I've ever had with Decot is a pair that I ordered a couple of years back were supposed to be polarized. Never really checked until I replaced them and did the polarize test. Guess what, not polarized, and I paid a substantial premium for polarizing.

15. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Decot folks like their customers. I've been with them for 20 years.
    Guy Coates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.