1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Decot Best All Around Color??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I am thinking of ordering a pair of Decot's. Being that I will have an Rx put in them and will only order one color, what is the best all around color to get?

Thanks,

Forrest

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

IMHO... Target orange in a medium shade. If their could be only one.Jeff

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Vermillion!

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I second Vermillion!

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have two pair, Lite Target Orange and Lite Medium Target Orange. I would squint my eyes if I had to wear Lite Target Orange on a bright sunny day.

6. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I have 5 pairs, lite Target Orange, lite Gold, Vermillion, Lite med Target Sun and Gray. But all in all prefer my Lite Med Traget Sun.

Berettaman7

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Bills on the right track....lightest shade possible so you get the most light.

CLEAR...with that orange enhancing stuff they put in. I have vermillion...almost never do I wear them.

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have 5 sets of RX lenses. V-light, Target Gold, Blue Ice, Med. Target Orange, and clear. The ones I use 90% of the time? Clear! If I could only get one set of Rx lenses my choice would be clear....Just my experience...Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I will contact Decot!!
    Thanks

10. 1oz

1oz Member

clear

11. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

DevilsAdvocate is right,see your eye guy. I bought the vermillion, the targets were bright yellow and were great and dulled a green background,but when the leaves turned yellow in the fall,the target blended in. I don't think there is "just one" perfect color because you would want good contrast of orange targets against each background. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK

12. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Forrest,

Do you have a pair of lenses that you use regularly now? and have success with? Even if they are not Decot lenses.....that is the color I would think you would want. Go to a shoot with a Decot dealer and compare them with what you currently use and then see if they have something that you like even better. ....Lens color is such a personal thing.....everyone wears something different in every condition!

well, that is my suggestion....for what it is worth! LOL

Lorna Hull

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

I prefer Decot target bronze color. Decot has told me that this is their most popular color. I want the greatest visual difference I can get between the background and the target.

Pat Ireland

14. oz

oz Active Member

for sporting- light purple. oz

15. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

The best all round color does not exist. We can have a good color for today, but not for every club and not every club every day. Not every club has sky targets on bluebird days and not every gun club has traps that face North. So there is no real answer to your question. You can outfit yourself with something that works most of the time at most of the clubs you go to. Or at least works well wherever they have your state shoot.

16. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

To get the best color for a lens is to try all the shades, everyone is different in colors, the eye glass vendors go to many shoots and this is the best time to see which lens color fits you best. Ask all your questions about colors, UV, back ground, specialty lens color. You can get a wealth of info from them. I use V-lite #2 for most of my shooting, and Transition brown on orange targets with green back ground. Good luck; pineapple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

which decot v-lite best for all around conditions