1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Declining league participation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ringneck, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringneck

Ringneck TS Member

Our gun club is experiencing declining league participation. I'm wondering what other clubs are doing to better publisize their clubs activities. What kind of advertising are other clubs using and how do we get the most bang for the buck? I would appreciate any ideas on this topic.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Give me a call at 618-980-0877 and I'll be glad to discuss the promotion of your trap league..

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

This is the first winter ever that our Trap field isn't plowed/shoveled out. No one's shooting at all. Granted we have one field and maybe only 10 core Trap shooters but still. Dave T.

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Ringneck,the same around here.I think it's called money.

Bocephas

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Half of Springfield, OH is unemployed at this time (actually 19%) and it hurts.

I have not shot in four weeks( snow cold and lack of interest) and the fact that only two to three show up anyway.

But I have managed to come up with some shooting money selling some stuff so maybe next week 4 rounds will be in order.

Rock

Jim

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like that idea about pistol shooting in the winter. Covered firing points with heat is the way to go. And pistol reloads cost me about $3.50 for a box of fifty. HMB

7. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I have quit the leagues after shooting them for the last 20 plus yrs. What i save by not shooting leagues can help me shoot a couple of state shoots...

8. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Here in South East Wisconsin the trap ranges are experiencing a big drop in shooters. Two of the places I shot at would run 35 to 40 teams in the spring and summer leagues. They were both under twenty this year. There are many reasons but the economy is the biggest. Now GM has pulled out of Janesville and has taken several other plants with it so I don't forsee much (if any) growth in the shooting this year.

9. Jammin

Jammin TS Member

Here in northwest montana, our winter league has had an average of 70+ six man teams for the past ten year ( last year 86), but this year only 64. The only change is the economy. Constuction is way down, logging almost non existant, shell prices way up. We held our cost to shoot the same as last year even though the price for a truck load of targets is up $1000.00 or more ( we use about 4 and half Loads for league).
    I know in our neck of the woods IT IS THE ECONOMY.

Jack Brechbill

10. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i think that all the comments are right on but one thing not mentioned is - people dont want to be bound down with oblgations. years ago people were looking for activities . this can hold true with service organizations and maybe even church to some extent!! yes money is short but not having free time is a close second!!!! -----

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.