1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline In Shooting And Other Recreation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ohiomike, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Granted, this article (url / address below) does not directly mention shooting (and certainly not trapshooting), but it gives just about all the data you need to see where the decline in trapshooting and quality of life in general is coming from.

You can do everything you can to hold the line on prices of guns, entry fees, shells, fuel, etc., but the decline in prosperity is moving too fast to slow down any time soon.

I may be just a country hick, but it isn't hard to see that not only is our current administration doing nothing to halt this slide, but in fact is putting great effort into accelerating it.

No doubt, past administrations must share the blame also.

Damn depressing, in my opinion.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/the-u.s.-middle-class-is-being-wiped-out-here%27s-the-stats-to-prove-it-520657.html?tickers=^DJI,^GSPC,SPY,MCD,WMT,XRT,DIA

2. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Good article. People need to realize that capitalism is not Americanism.

3. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

While Capitalism and Americanism are not one and the same, they are joined at the hip to a degree that most persons are just starting to understand.
    dju

4. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Sarge, people like you are so depressingly funny. You fervently keep saying the same prayers, hoping your God will act like you want him to and not how he really is.

Until you understand the economic dimension of our government that was suppressed until after the Lincoln administration, you won't have a grasp on what's truly occurring in America, and you'll have only a dim idea of what freedom truly is.

5. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I have never seen so much smoke coming from one ass...

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Don't forget.

stokinpls_2008_030318.jpg

7. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

November 2 means nothing, since most of you didn't vote for the current trash and will vote for the return of pieces of trash that created monstrous problems of their own.

Both parties were the architects of all the problems we have, today. These parties are not the solution to their own problems.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm sorry, but my glass is half full...

At any particular moment, there are haves and have nots... and folks can switch from one category to the other over time. If your range is not selling as many rounds as it wants to, needs to etc... someone is not doing their job.

Get complacent and think you're in the order taking business... may as well close your range today...

SHOUT at the top of your lungs about how great your club is or promoting your range and people will come... ask enough folks to shoot and you'll find your waiting for squads to finish!

regards all,

Jay

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Remember when Kennedy was in office? Rocking chairs sold. Reagan was in office and jelly beans sold. Clinton was Mcdonals so on and so on. What we need is an avid trapshooter in the office.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The recession is only part of the problem, people are demanding what they are paying for or they eliminate it and find something else to take up their time and spend their money on ... I go up to the club (Ben Avery Clay Target Center) sometimes and wonder if the people who are there know we are in a major recession because there are people all over the place shooting and having a good time ... I have been there when the Traps, Skeet fields, Sporting Clays and Bunker are all being used and there are lines if you want to shoot ... The club has done a 180 since Arizona Game and Fish took over running it and it shows ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Poorly run clubs are in jeopardy. Well run clubs will do well.

There are both in my area. One is very old, run to suit a few, and is on the brink of disaster. One is new, a well oiled machine, and has problems getting enough help to run the place!

It is, indeed, time to take out the trash this November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.