1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

decent trapgun <$2000

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kysmith, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kysmith

kysmith TS Member

Looking for a decent trapgun for under $2000, going to have to liquidate some of my other guns. But I'm just struggling/starting at trap right now. Been shooting a buddy's BT99 and while that's working better than my M12 and an old Browning o/u, think I want something a bit nicer with a high rib that I don't have to cover the target with.

Suggestions or offers?

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I'd narrow your choices down by shooting several guns that meet your specifications. Then I would look for a "used" gun that would fit your needs. It would really help if you could visit a place like the Indiana Gun Club. Places like this have a "ton" of guns and will let you try them out. You should be able to find a gun that would meet your needs and allow you to stay within your $2000 budget. Good Luck. Ed

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You can buy an NCP by Dennis Devault for about that

4. 682b

682b Member

Look for a lightly used Beretta 682X They are right in your price range. You can get two different step rib heights. Your journey is just beginning. Good luck and enjoy it. I just looked at Gunsamerica and this one jumped out at me 983280798 JIM

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

There's a lot of used Perazzi TM-1s around for 2000 and under. Great gun for the money.

Ed Yanchok

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I'm with Ed...The Perazzi TM1, in it's hayday was the gun to own. Most of the hot shots shot them. Built to last. Puablo

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I shoot a 99 Plus. Lots of adjustments available to find a decent fit.

8. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

try try try, many guns in that range!!!!

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

If all you want is a gun for singles and caps the folks telling you to look for a Perazzi TM-1 or TM-X are right. I think there are some on gunbroker or auctionarms or Auctionarms as we speak. Excellent trap guns. Excellent.

Jake

11. kysmith

kysmith TS Member

Thanks guys. There's a guy at the range with a TM-1 that's had the receiver nickeled (I think) Has a moneymaker rib, gracoil, magnaported, release trigger, adjustable stock: comb/butt. It's an old Ithaca import. He's asking $1950, seem reasonable? Shouldered nicely, didn't notice where the release postion was.

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Here is a 34" TM-1 on GB. Click above. Gun has had some work and I can't tell what is going on on the front of the barrel. Anyway. Jake

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95616836

13. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

kysmith, I am no expert on perazzi guns but I do know this. make sure they lock up tight and check the receiver and firing pin hole to make sure it is not oblong shaped. It should be perfectly round. the other thing about perazzi's is if they break they can be very costly to repair. I am not dogging perazzi they are great guns. but for 2000 maybe a cpl hundred more will get you a decent combo set such as an skb or beretta.look around you will find what you want and what fits you. dont buy something just beacaause of its name buy it so it fits YOU.

14. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I have a decent Beretta 680 combo for $1900 + shipping to the lower 47 (48 minus California). 34 unsingle and 32" OU. Adjsutable butt and comb. Email if interested. If you are in the area of the Minneapolis, you're welcome to test drive.

Bob

15. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I have an SKB Combo 85TSS,34/32 with tappered rib on single barrel! I'm asking $1900 if your interested!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.