1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Decatur GC SCTP Raffle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by buckwheat, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

SCTP Fund Raiser, Winner's Choice. Winner receives 1, SKB 85TSS, Trap, Skeet or Sporting Clays target shotgun or $2000.00 Cash. Tickets $20 each, only 250 tickets will be sold. Drawing to be held July 4th At WSC.

Mail your check or money order to

Decatur Gun Club
    C/O
    Dan King
    9643 N Rt 51
    Decatur, IL

2. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

Shameless bump, but a good cause.
    Dan

3. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

Shameless bump, but a good cause.
    Dan

4. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

The drawing was held at the Warrensburg Sportsman's Club on July 4th at 3 PM. The winner was Tom Stowell of Decatur, Illinois. Not Enough tickets were sold to draw for the gun, however the winner's 1/2 of the resulting 50/50 drawing was $850. Thanks to all who helped support out SCTP Program.
    Dan King

5. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

Yes, it's disapointing, for sure. The two coach's kids sold more tickets than any others, almost 1/2 the tickets. Kid's today are a different breed than our generation. (Damn, I sound old!)

We baled hay, walked beans, pitched, well you know what we pitched, for our pocket money, summer camp fees, whatever. We even offered and paid cash prizes for the top three ticket sellers $150, $100, and $50 as an incentive.

I remember Carla (Trapshooter's Wife), complaining about the lack of effort on the kid's part for the Misourri SCTP. I can relate.

We try to instill a pull some of your own weight mindset in our son, the Terminator. Even with that, he thinks I'm an ATM machine with feet. I'm waiting for him to slide a plastic card up the crack of my butt and stick his hand out for the money,

Even with the dispointing ticket sales, we manage to put a decent program together. We had a skid of targets donated by a manufacturer. Our club only charges us $2.50 per round throw them. We pull our own targets and the kid's pay for their own practices.

We managed to pay for the two (2), teams' entry fees for the state shoot, put on a non-registered 100 bird tune up shoot and provided a free lunch for all the shooters. We had some nice prizes donated by Carter Shooting Boxes, Pro-Shot Products and the company from Peoria that makes the magnetic, barrel rest pads. Also, a couple of club members were kind and made cash donations the program.

We'll have a end of season family dinner. If all the kids had fun, improved their skills and finished with the same number of toes they started with, we'll call the year a success.
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.