1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deaths around the world by country

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

From the World Health Organization:

The latest Murder Statistics for the world:

Murders per 100,000 citizens

Honduras 91.6

El Salvador 69.2

Cote d'lvoire 56.9

Jamaica 52.2

Venezuela 45.1

Belize 41.4

US Virgin Islands 39.2

Guatemala 38.5

Saint Kits and Nevis 38.2

Zambia 38.0

Uganda 36.3

Malawi 36.0

Lesotho 35.2

Trinidad and Tobago 35.2

Colombia 33.4

South Africa 31.8

Congo 30.8

Central African Republic 29.3

Bahamas 27.4

Puerto Rico 26.2

Saint Lucia 25.2

Dominican Republic 25.0

Tanzania 24.5

Sudan 24.2

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9

Ethiopia 22.5

Guinea 22.5

Dominica 22.1

Burundi 21.7

Democratic Republic of the Congo 21.7

Panama 21.6

Brazil 21.0

Equatorial Guinea 20.7

Guinea-Bissau 20.2

Kenya 20.1

Kyrgyzstan 20.1

Cameroon 19.7

Montserrat 19.7

Greenland 19.2

Angola 19.0

Guyana 18.6

Burkina Faso 18.0

Eritrea 17.8

Namibia 17.2

Rwanda 17.1

Mexico 16.9

Chad 15.8

Ghana 15.7

Ecuador 15.2

North Korea 15.2

Benin 15.1

Sierra Leone 14.9

Mauritania 14.7

Botswana 14.5

Zimbabwe 14.3

Gabon 13.8

Nicaragua 13.6

French Guiana 13.3

Papua New Guinea 13.0

Swaziland 12.9

Bermuda 12.3

Comoros 12.2

Nigeria 12.2

Cape Verde 11.6

Grenada 11.5

Paraguay 11.5

Barbados 11.3

Togo 10.9

Gambia 10.8

Peru 10.8

Myanmar 10.2

Russia 10.2

Liberia 10.1

Costa Rica 10.0

Nauru 9.8

Bolivia 8.9

Mozambique 8.8

Kazakhstan 8.8

Senegal 8.7

Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7

Mongolia 8.7

British Virgin Islands 8.6

Cayman Islands 8.4

Seychelles 8.3

Madagascar 8.1

Indonesia 8.1

Mali 8.0

Pakistan 7.8

Moldova 7.5

Kiribati 7.3

Guadeloupe 7.0

Haiti 6.9

Timor-Leste 6.9

Anguilla 6.8

Antigua and Barbuda 6.8

Lithuania 6.6

Uruguay 5.9

Philippines 5.4

Ukraine 5.2

Estonia 5.2

Cuba 5.0

Belarus 4.9

Thailand 4.8

Suriname 4.6

Laos 4.6

Georgia 4.3

Martinique 4.2

And

The United States 4.2

ALL the countries above America have 100% gun bans

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hopefully, you sent it as a letter to the Editor. We MUST combat the transparent manipulation of the mass murder of children by the left as a vehicle to further their anti-gun agenda by INFORMING THE PUBLIC with FACTS....liberals must rely on transparent emotional manipulation of the naive and the ignorant to further their agenda....

The ONE THING they fear....MID TERM ELECTIONS ARE COMING AND 6 LEFT WING SENATORS ARE UP FOR RE-ELECTION....if they lose both Houses of Congress we save the Second Amendment....

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Even with Chicago's gang banger deaths, the home of the democrats currently in power is 24 out of 100,000

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Fact are Facts but liberals don't agree with them!! They prefer to ignore them at best!!

Truths and Facts don't fit in their fairy tale world.

5. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

old one eye,

So what do you conclude from these statistics?

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Well now a quick check shows you conveniently left out all of Europe, Britain, most of the Far East and much of the Mid East.

So what's your point?

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

His point is gun bans don't work

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Well now a quick check shows you conveniently left out all of Europe, Britain, most of the Far East and much of the Mid East.

So what's your point?"

Must have selective comprehension. As I read it there are 109 countries listed of those countries listed 108 have total gun bans the last country listed is the US and it share the lowest number of murders per 100,000 people. The lowest number of murders and the only country that has no gun bans.

What part of that do you think is the point?????

Bob Lawless

9. Jerry944t

I really don't think you can use 3rd world countries as the focus of your argument.

If you want a good example of a country where guns are legal to the point where almost everyone owns one use Switzerland. The death rate in Switzerland is practically nil and everyone has a gun with most families owning an assault rifle.

10. ivanhoe

Jerry please explain to me what the difference is between the two. Didn't the people in third world countries die??? Do they die different in Switzerland than any ware else???

Do you think that in third world countries where total gun bans are in effect that the laws are made to be broken???? If you don't think so tell me what good are the excuses for the total lack of law in third world countries.

Obviously the fact that all guns are banned in those counties doesn't speak well for gun bans or gun control for that matter.

Instead of finding fault with your own country. Why don't you spend a little more time trying to come up with more than one country for comparison.

Bob Lawless

11. Jerry944t

Man Bob, have you been drinking and typing? Talk about reading comprehension.

Where did I find fault with my country? I'm giving you an example that fully supports our country and our gun laws as they exist today. Seems everyone is so defensive these days. I don't have any idea where you are going on your rant so enough of this.

Good night.

12. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

old one eye,

Since you chose not to answer my question "So what do you conclude from these statistics?" i am baffled by you purpose for listing the statistics. If your purpose was to prove that gun bans don't work since all of the countries listed with the exception of the US have higher murder statistics it would seem reasonable, as Jerry944T has suggested, to list those countries that also have gun bans but lower murder statistics than the US. If you had done that it would have given your readers more information to come to their own conclusions. One of the difficulties of using 3rd world countries murder rates as compared to the US is that those countries have, at a local level, very little in the way of government or the rule of law. This probably contributes to the high murder rate.

Others in earlier posts have suggested that "picking and choosing" which relevant data to use and which not to use is inappropriate. I agree. I believe by including the names of those countries with governments more similar to ours, developed not 3rd world, you would have provided more information to make useful judgments.

Jerry944T,

I think, other than the possibility of "drinking and typing", Bob's problem is that when you correctly cited Switzerland as a country with very liberal gun laws and a low crime rate you had preceded it with your comment that you didn't think it was appropriate to use 3rd world counties as the focus of old one eye's argument.

Very likely as a result of our postings we will be called out as secret, or not so secret, liberals which would of course negate anything we have said, justify not thinking about the issue, and perhaps even trying to cut us off from this site. It has certainly happened before.

13. ivanhoe

"I think, other than the possibility of "drinking and typing", Bob's problem is that when you correctly cited Switzerland as a country with very liberal gun laws and a low crime rate you had preceded it with your comment that you didn't think it was appropriate to use 3rd world counties as the focus"

Congratulations Trader now you are calling me a drunk. Well I have a couple of children and six grand children. None of them have ever seen me drink or drunk. Any on here that know me personally and there are a few can't say that they seen me drink or seen me drunk.

I do however notice that you seem to think you can say as you please and no one will call you on your BS. As an example this statement.

"Others in earlier posts have suggested that "picking and choosing" which relevant data to use and which not to use is inappropriate. I agree. I believe by including the names of those countries with governments more similar to ours, developed not 3rd world, you would have provided more information to make useful judgments."

If you agree that picking and choosing is inappropriate. Then how can you believe that doing just that would provide more information to make better judgments.

Sounds like a cop out to me.

You in particular don't seem to realize that none of this is about murder rates. Or which country has the higher or lower rates. This is all about control lies to help take away legal gun owners rights.

This isn't about mass murder in the nations schools. It certainly isn't about preventing those murders. The proposed legislation hasn't a prayer of protecting children in the schools. So why all the talk about murder rates, crime rates, and violent crime rates.

They don't solve anything they don't prove anything so why bring them up or why ask as you did.

"So what do you conclude from these statistics?"

You are the one that needs discussion on these stats.

Jerry said he didn't think I could use third world countries as the focus of my argument.

I didn't have an argument I was just answering your stupid question!!!!!!

However it doesn't matter anyway because the only thing you post to are statements about statistics. In other words your own agenda.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.