1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Death Penalty for Penn State?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

After reading the Louis Freeh(Former FBI Director)report this morning and how it implicates everyone at Penn State and proves Paterno lied to the Grand Jury, I tend to join others calling for the NCAA Death Penalty to be imposed on Penn State. This isn't illegal recruiting or point shaving or missing classes. Penn State should get penalized the same as SMU did. How can a head football coach know about these incidents since 1998 and not do anything about it?

blade819

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hell yeah Joe P lied. He turned his back on those kids. He knew it was getting covered up and swept under the rug and he just turned a blind eye. He is a POS like Sandusky. There were many there that knew something and yet kept quiet to save the beloved Penn State sports. It is sickening. More heads should roll for this.

3. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yea!!! And they should take those record donations of 208 million and give it to the victims.

Doug

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Ya, like Louis Freeh has room to talk!!

He is probably hoping Eric gets his due, so he can get back involved. Must be tough to feel left out!!

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

jktphd:

George Allen may very well have used that phrase in the 70's. Vince Lombardi said it at least as far back as 1959. Some think Lombardi picked it up from H.R. (Red) Sanders who was a UCLA football coach. Sanders is credited with saying something very similar in 1950.

sissy

6. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

This whole deal with Penn State is sickening!

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

"Don't tell anybody else, kid - I'll take care of it from this point forward. Trust me."

[​IMG]

-Gary

PS: Where are you douchebags who said I was wrong about Paterno deserving a bullet for covering up this atrocity?

Turns out I WAS wrong. He deserved TWO bullets (in case the first one didn't do its job).

8. chopperman

chopperman Member

And the DA in State College in 1998 disappeared along with his laptop after the original complaint was made.

9. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Yep- throw them kids under duh bus to keep that god-ball cash rollin in.

No surprise here...

10. The Stive

The Stive Member

No penalty is too strong for this program. John

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Is anybody offended by TinMan's picture?

Think it's vulgar?

Inapproppriate?

Sickening?

Click the link and read Louis Freeh's investigation report and soak in what's really vulgar, inappropriate and sickening.

John is right -- Penn State should be brought to it's knees for hiding the facts and allowing all those children to be raped.

-Gary

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Or the Cliffs Notes version...

Go ahead - read excerpts of the report from a team of independent investigators explaining what happens when a Liberal-run, completely immoral institution learns that little kids are literally being raped right on their own property, by one of their employees.

-Gary

13. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

GW22 - "Liberal-run" - check your facts - Joe Paterno was a REPUBLICAN. In fact he sounded a lot like several of the bozo's who post regularly on this forum... The info below from Wikipedia:

***" Paterno was a political conservative and a personal friend of former President George H. W. Bush, endorsing the then-candidate in a speech at the 1988 Republican National Convention. Paterno was also a close personal friend of President Gerald R. Ford. In 2004, his son Scott Paterno, an attorney, won the Republican primary for Pennsylvania's 17th congressional district but lost in the November general election to Democratic incumbent Tim Holden.

"I brought my kids up to think for themselves since day one," Joe Paterno said in 2008. "I got a son who's a Republican, who ran for Congress, Scott. I'm a Republican. "*** (I'm guessing Republican Joe didn't send his own kids to Jerry's camp...)

There are sorry human beings everywhere - they wear both political labels - the worst are those that victimize others or allow it to happen...

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

RBMTRAP:

Penn State, like nearly all large universities, is run by mostly liberals. I did not specifically tag Paterno with that label. JoePa just happened to be the most powerful man at the university, by far, who chose to allow child rape rather than risk a blemish on the schools reputation. If you have any doubt about that now proven fact, read the Grand Jury report and then Freeh's investigation report. If after doing that you still have doubts, you are a moron.

-Gary

15. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

GW22 the moron is you bud... Universities are run by people of all political persuations - perhaps that's just ignorance on your part. But the reason you are a moron is for injecting labels like liberal or conservative into a problem about pedophelia...

(But now that you mention it, isn't it liberals who are criticized for being soft hearted? Wish someone had been worried about the victims here...)

And you're just plain stupid for misreading/mischaracterizing my first post - I'm not a bit surprised about the findings...

rbm

Wish I could continue to pursue this meaningful exchange, but gotta go have a life...

16. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Our society is crumbling!

17. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

SMU got the death penalty for players taking money and the school letting boosters get out of control. Penn State let coaches rape children, and cover up the whole ordeal. The administration then helped to cover up the entire ordeal for 14 years. I would say Penn State did much worse than SMU, and deserves the death penalty. Anything less and the NCAA just proves it is all about the money, and they are no different than the Penn State administration.

18. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The four main characters that kept quiet are no longer at Penn. One is dead and the other 3 fired and facing criminal trials.

The only people that would be punished now, would be the current players.

19. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

Mr. Barker, you are absolutely correct. Let the kids play, they are there, and let the games begin!

20. jwells

jwells Member

they may be the main characters but every position from janitors to the board members had some idea of what was going on and whether they were protecting their own job or penn states reputation they were just as wrong. i hope the digging doesnt stop now because i believe its just the tip of the iceberg. and i was a penn state fan and thought paterno was a stand up guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.