1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Death of a Hero

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slide action, Jul 30, 2013.

1. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Air Force Col. "Bud" Day passed away day before yesterday in FL. Col. Day started his military career as a elisted Marine in WW2. He fought in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam earning 70 medals including the Medal of Honor. He was shot down over North Vietnam and spent years in the infamous "Hanoi Hilton" prison camp.He escaped once and was tortured terribly on his recapture! After retirement be became a tireless advocate for veterans! RIP Col. Day!

2. billray1

billray1 TS Member

Bud was an incredible man. He was an outstanding pilot and I was truly honored to have served with him in the 20 th tac fighter wing.SIERRA HOTEL

BillRay

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

RIP Marine! A Great American. Jake

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Yes he was a Great American and I HOPE "Hanoi Jane Fonda" BURNS IN HELL for her UNAMERICAN ACTS !!!!!!!!!!!! Joe Whitehurst joe90t

5. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

I could not have said it better than Joe did, well done sir, my thoughts exactly. Scott

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Up for a true hero, and I agree with Joe

7. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Heroes never die, they just go on to serve in another life. Rest well before your next tour.