1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dean Debow Shotgun Training

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Traders, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

I have just returned from a full day of private shotgun instruction with Dean Debow in Hopkinsville, Ky. He had come very well recommended by several members of this forum and several friends that had taken one of his group classes. He was an outstanding instructor, I made great progress, raised my average score to 23 and shot a 25. All in one day. And, he is a really nice guy. Never tried to impress me with all the trophies he has won. As an experienced teacher myself, I know that skill in doing is not the same thing as skill in teaching.

I have been shooting trap for several years and felt that I just wasn't making any progress. Dean's home club in Hopkinsville is "only" a 10 hour drive from my home and with another frustrating trap season ahead of me I though I would give him a try. He was terrific. Adjusted my shotgun , corrected all sorts of "little" things I was doing wrong and really gave me the confidence that I can continue to improve.

I would recommend him to either an novice or experience shooter. I think the best thing he does is what I would call analysis. He picks out the problems and helps you correct them. If any one is interested in contacting him, I can supply his email address.

2. Clay Target SSE

Clay Target SSE Active Member

3. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

He is one of the BEST

Kooz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dean debow

dean debow trapshooting