1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealings with Steve W

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MOP, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOP

MOP Active Member

I'm looking at buying a gun from him with no return privilege. I know that he is aregular on here, and he seems knowledgeable and straight-up. Anyone done any deals with him? Please, no general posts about buying without return privilege.

2. Peter Sinclare

Peter Sinclare Active Member

I know he is one of the contributing editors for Blue Book, a personal friend of the late Daniele Perazzi and Lucio, and a collector of English, Italian shotguns and Patek Philippe wrist watches, his email address is named after his favorite watch. Also a pretty good shot from what I heard.

I bought three Perazzis, 1 sideplate, 1 SCO, and 1 MX-8. One Fabbri piegon gun. One Holland & Holland Royal Game gun from him in the past 10~15 years. All his personal guns. Other than the now closed Ivory Beads, he is the best source of fine shotguns for me. No returns on all his deals. I had to fly to L.A. to check the first gun I bought from him. Everything went very well since. He did send me a new parts kit because there was a hairline crack on the MX-8 stock he didn't see.

My only complain is his prices. I've never paid anything less than what he asked for. He gave me a free extra stock for the Royal Game Gun as a discount.

A very knowledgeable person and a true gentleman.

3. MOP

MOP Active Member

Thanks, Peter. You confirmed what I believed to be the case, although I had no idea of the extent of his gun dealings. Mine is very small time.
    Mo Powers

4. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

With the 5 guns that P.S. says he has purchased, those 5 probably add up to more than 95% of what most shotgunners would spend in two lifetimes on guns.......

5. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

I have had several dealings with Steve. Never a problem. He is a personal friend and fellow Perazzi owner. He is exteremely knowledgeable when it comes to shotguns in general and he is also a contributer to the Blue Book in the Perazzi section. You should have no concerns at all in dealing with him.
    I would certaintly worry about that Little Gambler guy in the previous post though. Just kidding about Ricky. Great guy and great shot.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

No worries

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have bought from Steve, good guy

8. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Had Very GOOD dealing with Steve previously What a Gentelman!! True to his word Would also like to meet him personaly....Chuck in Chicago

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Steve is an asset to this site great Perazzi information resorce an I have purchased from him also.

Buddy

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't worry about Steve, MO. He's one of the best! Joe O.

11. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

I have bought barrels , wood sets, and trigger assemblies from him and everything was as described. Very knowledgeable on any high grade gun.

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

MOP -

No need to worry!

13. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Mo,

He is as honorable as they come on this site. He is also very knowledgable on Mossbergs and Remington 870s.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

14. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Some time back I purchased a barrel from Steve. Price seemed fair to me and was just as described. Instant shipping. He def takes care of business. I can't tell you if he beat me on the deal or not, but if he did I'm down w/ that. I got a primo barrel out of the deal and that was what matters.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.