1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealings with Connie's Components

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pens1992, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pens1992

pens1992 TS Member

Dealings with Connie

Has anyone dealt with Connie's Components in Washington State?????
    I have left numerous messages and many emails but no one returns the calls or answers my e-mails any help would be great thanks Don

2. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If they dont call back why deal with them
    Its you money...

3. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

I bought a new MEC primer feeder from Connies. Came with a broken catch on the sliding cover that I did not notice until after I installed the whole thing. Sent them a note and heard back a few days later "to send everything back." I said that it was attached to my press and the shipping box was discarded, I'd get one from MEC and they could credit me for the $6.00 cost. I would pay for the shipping as I needed a few other things from MEC. Sent them a follow-up note. never got a reply or a credit.

They lost me as a repeat customer.

4. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

They are a good group to work with. Connies son runs the business, now that his father past away, in addition to working a regular job. Try calling in the early evening PST and check your e-mail address for correctness. Go to the web sight and try there. Post-2

5. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I've been dealing with them for about 6 years & never have had any problem at all.
    Have you tried calling Dakin, Connie's son, at 360 736 6578?

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Same thing hear. I called and emailed then with no luck.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I really have to step into this thread for just a moment. I have dealt with Connies, both Fred, before he passed away, and now with Dakin, his son. I have NEVER had a problem with any of the many dealings I've had with them over the years. As posted above, Dakin works a regular job and sells components as a side business to mainly help out all the shooters here on the North Coast. His prices are ALWAYS fair, and he has always answered my inquiries. Yes, it sometimes takes him a while to get back to me, but, understand this: He is a "one man" operation. He handles this entire business by himself. Just the components side of his business takes up as much, or more time than his regular job does. If you are patient, he will get back to you as soon as possible. If it's an emergency, and you need component "yesterday", simply let him know and he will bend over backwards to help you out. I've spent a lot of money with these folks, and I will continue to do so as long as I can. Their support of our sport is vital. On top of all this, Dakin and his mom, Connie, are just about the nicest folks you will run into at any club. If you have had trouble with them, just give Dakin a call and explain, on his answering machine, what is happening, and you will be amazed at how hard he will work to try to help you out. Dakin, if you read this, thanks from all of us down here in Fortuna for keeping us supplied at prices well below the average supplier. You can bet we will be back for more. Say hi to your mom, and I hope she's doing well... Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. abiezer

abiezer Guest

Not only does Dakin have a regular job, and handle the whole components business
    all by himself,he also shoots a lot of sporting clays tournaments as well, but he usually leaves a note on the website when he's gone.
    I've shot with him on more than a few occasions,one of the nicest guys you'll meet.I've ordered from him before with no problems at all, but it's been awhile since i've ordered anything,if i remember correctly, i think he told me Wed.
    is a good day to try and get ahold of him, but don't quote me on that.

9. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Weigh the options.They are NOT QUITE a "true company". In a hurry, forget it. In the North West..be patient. In the North East........there are many Kentucky/Etc. COMPMANIES that are as good or BETTER.

10. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I too have never had any problems with Connies, calls were returned and e-mails answered in what I consider timely fashion. Good people to deal with plain and simple. J.Woolsey

11. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I recently ordered some wads online from their website, I received an email confirmation and the wads came in about a week. No problem
    Tom

12. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

P.S. I've had only ONE problem with Connie's......it was the SAME as stated in this thread.

13. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with Connie's.

14. frank drebin

frank drebin TS Member

"They are NOT QUITE a "true company"."

Please educate me on the difference between a "true company" and one that is not quite a true company.

fd

15. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

THEY DON'T GET IT !

16. wanderer

wanderer Member

Fred, (when alive), Connie and Dakin,; are great people to deal with. Never had a problem. Will continue to order from them at the best prices available. Gary E. Gasaway.

17. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

And know I have to weigh in as well. I had an order mis-handled as it was shipped to my billing address instead of the shipping address. I sent email after email and left message after message to no avail. When the shipment was returned to connies, he sent it back to the bill address again! This is after numerous email and phone warnings about not doing it again. Never did I get an apology, just the experience of not caring, not willing to make an effort, and if he screws up, too bad on you. I'm sure he's fine to deal with, till something goes wrong then he's a nightmare. Find some one else to give your business to, I know I have. Bruce

18. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

FRANK, a "TRUE COMPANY" has people that #1 ANSWER THE PHONE #2 ANSWER the PHONE or at least" tell you that they are OUT. A "TRUE COMPANY" would NOT LEAVE YOU HANGING.A "TRUE COMPANY" doesn't go shoot and leave the BUISINESS to ????????????NOTHING GOT IT NOW FRANK??(fd)

19. frank drebin

frank drebin TS Member

dkusner

WTF?
    I simply asked a question.

fd

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

strange, I have yet to spend a pennie with connies. Returned my calls about mec loaders and answered email about shipping cost to the east coast. Prices are a bit more than fair. If it wasnt for hazmat I could get clays powder cheaper shipped than local?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.