1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with Jaquas??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

there is no such thing as a deal with the gentleman at jaquas. the prices they have marked are as low as they will go. they will not barter, haggle, or make a deal. probably the worst store u could possibly choose to make a purchase from. Steve Smith from the indiana gun club was the guy to make a deal with. BYG

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

If you only judge them on their capacity to "dicker and haggle"...they are not for you. Their prices are pretty firm.

HOWEVER.....they stand behind anything they sell. No run around. You get your money back with no questions asked if unhappy with your purchase.

They have been very honest and up-front with me. And I recommend them.

3. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

NO dealing...but awesome selection and stand-up folks.
    If you want to find a "Mr. Hainey"(from the old Green Acres TV show) kind of place to make a MAJOR purchase they are out there, but Jaqua's ain't it.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

why is Jaquas or any other store obligated to come down on price? If you don't like the price and they won't negotiate, move on....seems simple enough.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

No they do not haggle but their prices are very fair and reasonable ( with the exception of some of the consigned guns) and you wont find better people. I have never seen a gun seller with more consistant and relative to actual value prices. I have bought from them and sold for a profit many times & I know others on here have also. Personally I will not buy a gun from a seller who starts high. I do not want to haggle. Just give me a price and I will say yes or no and it wont take me long to do so. I have been buying at Jaqaus since the 70's

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I like Jaquas. You know the final price when you look at the tag.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rarely will they dicker on price- there are exceptions but those are usually high grade consignment guns and then it is a long process. If they dont know you they are unlikely to even consider that.

Let me echo that they stand behind anything they sell, 110 percent.

Nice guys and gals.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

NO dealing...but awesome selection and stand-up folks.
    If you want to find a "Mr. Hainey"(from the old Green Acres TV show) kind of place to make a MAJOR purchase they are out there, but Jaqua's ain't it.

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

why is Jaquas or any other store obligated to come down on price? If you don't like the price and they won't negotiate, move on....seems simple enough.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

No they do not haggle but their prices are very fair and reasonable ( with the exception of some of the consigned guns) and you wont find better people. I have never seen a gun seller with more consistant and relative to actual value prices. I have bought from them and sold for a profit many times & I know others on here have also. Personally I will not buy a gun from a seller who starts high. I do not want to haggle. Just give me a price and I will say yes or no and it wont take me long to do so. I have been buying at Jaqaus since the 70's

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I like Jaquas. You know the final price when you look at the tag.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rarely will they dicker on price- there are exceptions but those are usually high grade consignment guns and then it is a long process. If they dont know you they are unlikely to even consider that.

Let me echo that they stand behind anything they sell, 110 percent.

Nice guys and gals.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Come on guys, not this s**t again. This is worse than Cardinal vs Sparta. I love it when these put down Jaquas threads get started. You always have people come on here mad becasue they didn't get the price they wanted. I was there to buy a Browning Double Auto a couple years ago and asked them to come down. The guy told me that if I didn't want to pay their price, somebody else would. It took a week or so but they sold it, not to me. It sems that the only people who have trouble with them are the hagglers. If you don't like the price why get mad?

BYG statement that it is the worst place you could make a purchase from is just crazy. cubancigar's statement about the consigned guns is also not been my experience. Consigned guns from Jaquas can be a great deal unless the owner wants full retail + the 15% that Jaquas adds.

I was there yesterday and missed out on a great deal on a used Kimber Pro Carry II I saw on the web site. It was there for less than 24 hours. They have the best web site of any gun shop that I know in the nation. If you check their web site often like I do you would have noticed that they took in a huge lot of a variety of consigned guns on Friday last week. All were priced to sell IMO. Others must have agreed as they told me yesterday that they have sold over 200 units Friday, Sat, and Monday. Yep, the worst place to buy guns.

I like 7.5's too ,
    Doug Allison

14. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I haven't had any problems with Jaquas once I realized that I couldn't find it anywhere else at the Jaquas price. I realize that this might not be true with a new Perazzi from Giacomo or a new Berettas from Joel.

I know there are a lot out there that will haggle, but from what I've found those other vendors have plenty of wiggle room added into the price.

I've bought and sold with them and will do it again...Jaquas = Great Selection and Great Prices

TNCoach

15. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I bought my first trap gun from Jaquas and I found the price reasonable. However, I knew very little about the sport when I bought my first gun, obviously I was just starting. It was partly my fault because I did not do enough research before I purchased but I bought a gun that did not fit me at all. When I bought the gun I told the gentleman I was just starting and did not know how to tell if a gun "fit".

He move the comb up and said "that should work for ya." Little did I know that the LOP was FAR too short. Like I said I should have been more prudent, however I got the impression he was more concerned with the check I was writing (not that my $5000 purchase will make or break or store like Jaquas) than making sure I bought a gun that fit correctly. Overall prices seemed fair, service could use some improvement.

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if you want to get properly fitted for a gun, you need to see an actual gun fitter or visit a shop where someone there is an experienced fitter (e.g. Giacomo). Most of these gunshops are run by folks with just an interest in guns or perhaps competitive shooters, not actual gunfitters. So I would not expect them to offer any more valuable advice than what you can get by asking an experience shooter at your local club. I have had the same experience as you when starting out with clay shooting. The only real advice on gunfit on a gun came from Dan at Giacomo when I went to see him about problems i was having with an MX8 I had bought off the shelf...

17. dshot

dshot Member

Bought,sold and traded, with Jaqua's for 20 yrs. Great people to deal with, they tell you the store's policy up front,price as listed, not happy with what you receive retuen for full refund. Take it back on trade less 20%, very simple.

18. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

What is their "cut" for consignments? What happens if someone comes in and makes an offer on a consignment gun that is well below you asking price? Do they call you and see if you will take the offer? What happens when you say no? What is their policy on a "no sell" after a certain time? Seems like a lot of questions but I would like some answers. Herb

19. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Herb, as I said in my post before their cut is 15%. I have consigned 2 guns there. For one of them, they gave me a call and said they had a haggler with a low ball offer and wanted to know if I would take it. I said no. The gun sold the next day for the asking price. It was a M 32 Remington skeet. So yes, they do call at least they did on mine. They will keep your consignment gun until it sells or you go and pick it up. You do have to do a nix sheet to get your own gun back. I don't know what happens if you can't pass the background check.

4andy10, I know most people will never pay the asking price for a gun. That is the best thing about buying at Jaquas, it is not like a used car lot or gun show. To say that one has more money than brains if they pay Jaquas' asking price is disproved by the 200 units they sold over the weekend. The buyer only has to have the brains to know what they are buying is a good value. If it is a good deal, why the need to try and talk them down more when you know they will not lower the price? I don't get this "need" to have them come off the listed price. Like I said in my previous post, I missed yesterday on a Kimber there that didn't last 24 hours in their shop. The price must have not had haggle room built into it at least not to the buyer or me.
    Doug Allison

20. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

I have purchased guns at Jaqua's before and I like the people there, but will not deal there anymore because I get better deals elsewhere. You would think they would deal with there customers in order to get repeat sales. That is one reason I quit dealing there. The last time I was there and check the price of there shells and reloading supplies they were much more than Sportmans Den down in Shelby, Oh. It wouldn't surprise me if they would stop shooting trap when Cam is not there to help. They sure are cutting back on there shoot now. Hope not but things are getting worse every year. I think Cardinal Center is one shoot less than last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.