Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealing with Bear Problem

5K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Landshark 
#1 ·
It's only right that while I'm at Sparta, my wife seems to have a bear problem in North Georgia. Momma and 3 cubs keep climbing up our 3 decks looking for the bird feeders, then after she put the feeders in the garage, they still climb up to nose around. Last night she took pictures and a video of them. When she yells at them, they just look at her. I guess the easiest thing to do is to cut down the tree that they are climbing up on. Does anyone have an idea how to keep them away without taking my Guerini to them?

blade819

#5 ·
Therer is only one reason they are there and even more so since she is bringing the cubs. Remove all food sources and smell, they will eventually leave. make sure to move your BBQ grill from your deck also.t has grease and meat smell in it, bears can smell food for miles

#7 ·
Just had a black bear pull 2 kids from their tents in a Northern NJ State Park this past week . Lucky for them the boys weren`t killed . The bear still hung around the area and had to be shot and supposidely killed ? This state has too many bears that are trapped and moved to other parts of the state . WE do have a hunting season that has lowered the population some what but others still seem to come up again in another district - same bears -- they are monitered using a radio collar !! 5 different bears this past year in my area , one on a Golf course , which has had none until now ?? I don`t mind the deer that wander into residential areas but the bears are a different story .

#8 ·
Wrap a strand of barbed wire around the trunk of the tree from about 2 feet off the ground up to about 8 feet, that should keep them from climbing the tree. You might also try hitting them with pepper spray from the lower deck just as they are starting the climb. Should keep you out of reach and teach them not to climb that tree.

#11 ·
Put around the tree and on the stairs electric fence wire or better ribbin. The ribbin they will see better and not get tied up in it. Get a electric fence box either 110 or 6 vort battery. water around the tree and stairs so they have wet paws. They touch the wire once and they will back off.

DO NOT GO OUTSIDE WHEN MOMMA BEAR AND BABY BEARS ARE THERE. She will kick your ass so fast you will not know what hit you. She is not something you want to play with.

#12 ·
Just thought of another thing. Get some 12 ga bean bag shells and hit mom in the rear a few times and she will leave. Get a paint ball gun and some paint balls. Put the paint balls in the deep freeze over night so they are good and frozen. Same thing. Hit her in the rear and she will get the message to leave.

#16 ·
I'm wondering if doubles will be shot.I'm on the first squad but with lightning I don't know if they'll ever get going. Thanks for the compliment. Hadn't picked up the gun in 8 days and immediately knew I had the Mojo after the first 5 rounds. Hopefully the Mojo will stay around. Of course that 100 tied me with 4 others in C Class.

blade819

#19 ·
Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
!cid_001901c5c03c$7700a970$0af00ccf@PEPPER

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#26 ·
Well, I do have another suggestion. This Bear seems to be coming around for all the free handouts, which tells me that this particular animal is likely to be a Democrat. You should put a few signs in your yard that feature maybe a few of the local conservative politicians running campaign propaganda (a bumper sticker that says something like "Obamanation" or "Obama: One Big Ass Mistake America" wouldn't hurt either). A framed picture of yourself standing next to a Sarah Palin cut out would be a nice touch as well. Then, you simple do the same in the neighbors yard, but with a pro liberal theme instead.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.