1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deal or No Deal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Yes it is a very good Deal

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

deal!!!

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Promo is a great bang for the buck. It has the same burn "rate" as Red Dot but weighs more per volume, so you need to drop at least one powder bushing for the same charge weight(be sure and use a scale). It is a tad dirty. It compares to the residue left by the "old" Green Dot before Alliant cleaned it up. I has replaced my Red Dot loads with it and it shoots fine.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

To get back to the original question, however, I can say that in many years of chronographing loads for trap and skeet, 700X is and has been the one that provided the most consistent velocities of all other powders I've used. Being fair, none of my testing included Promo and there was very little Red Dot. Standard deviations with 700X with 10 shot strings were in the single digits most often and rarely exceeded low teens. Dirty? Heck, I run a Tico barrel mop, dry, through the barrel when breaking the gun down and the barrel is as completely clear of residue.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

8 lbs gander mtn $130.00 8 lbs recob reloading $95.00

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I`M PAYING $105 FOR AN 8# CONTAINER .

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

$10 per lb of 700X is a steal. Great powder for the 1 Oz loads, much better than Promo IMO.

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

e-mail me the seller and i will buy it

bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.