1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deal gone bad on TS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Taxidermy, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

-I've add picture further down. Take a look.- What do you do when a deal go bad? I purchased a barrel that I was told to be a Stan Baker barrel and it's not. In my eyes it's a junk barrel, lug has been welded on and ears on block, deep marks on mono block, choke tube looks as removed with pipe wrench,one tube with dent in skirt. and asked for a 3 day inspection when purchased. Now he does not want to refund my money, I alway said a man is only as good as his word. I will give him time to respond on returning my money if not I will post his name. thanks Ronnie

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Post it old boy and save the rest of us some hassle! His name won't be worth a shit after this! Tom Rhoads

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've had some bad experiences on TS.com too lately. Maybe some people are getting desparate for money. If he agreed to the 3 day review and now wants to screw you, post his name. But be damn sure your in the right.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Easy, post pictures of the defects when you rat him out. Also copy ad past your correspondence.

HM

5. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

If he doesn't come clean...burn him!!
    Too many posers and tire kickers around lately also. Myself and a buddy have posted honest guns at reasonable prices just to be plagued with dumba$$ questions from guys that have no real intent on buying or they'll make a stupid outrageously low offer. There's some real gents on this forum but unfortunately there are a few Jacka$$es also.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Take HM's advice and post some pic. of what you think is damaged or unacceptable.

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I'm really sorry to hear of something like this. Every one of my "few" experiences on TS have been nothing but positive.

I agree with the others. If he refuses to honor his deal....and things are as bad as you say, burn his a... We don't need people like this, no matter what the reason.

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'm sure someone will know him some where and out him as well. Can't hurt. Might as well post it all.

9. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

I agree with the rest, out the jerk. I too have had favorable experiences in my few dealings with folks on TS.com, and I'd like to keep it that way.

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

This is no longer a site of just honorable trapshooters. We have been invaded, just read some of the dumb posts. You have non shooters selling junk, you have shooters from other venue's using this site as there own. At one time one of us would have known who was posting something for sale or making a comment, not any more.

Most of the older (time on site) posters have pulled back and now you have a relatively new dozen people doing the majority of the posting and starting of threads. A good portion of these are non-registered shooters, by there own admission, who use this as a chat site of many non-shooting and pretend shooting topics.

How do you sell a piece of junk(as you described it) as a Stan Baker barrel unless your intent is to screw somebody?? Don't hold your breath on getting your money back.

Don

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

One thing I do is go back and look up the posters ID name and see what is being said about him and what he is saying about others. Did he send it by PO or UPS? If its by UPS your screwed. If its by the PO you can go to them and tell them you have a case of fraud for them. The PO does not like that at all.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Post it if you want.

I have seen a bunch of stan baker barrels that looked kind of cobbled together-so posting the pictures as described above might be your first step-- maybe what you are looking at is par for the course

So I would post the pictures first unless you are certain what a stan baker barrel is supposed to look like in all cases-- if you are you are far better than 99 percent of us--

Then give him time to respond

Consider the respones you get on here compared to his

Then make him live up to the return deal and post his or her name if they dont

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Gene provides sagacious guidance.

Joe

14. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I have been a FFL dealer for 25 years, never had a bad deal on Trap Shooter before this one, I have sold several guns, parts, and stocks always give 3 days inspection and 5 days in some cases if not as I stated can be returned. I will give him time to resond before I post any name. thanks Ronnie

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm sure the nicked up and chewed on choke tubes were not part of the Baker Package

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've bought and sold perhaps 20 items on this site and have absolutely never deceived anyone nor have I received goods that were in any way less than described. In fact, a near-new release trigger is on its way to me right now from a fellow poster who declined to provide his address until I receive the trigger so I cannot pay him in advance for it. Now that's trust!

We "regulars" have to strive to keep it that way and I for one would support a regulation requiring full verifiable identification being submitted when a new "member" joins and real names being used in place of screen names. The only reason I use my screen name is that more people know me by it than would if I used my real name.

Ed

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've only been on this site about 2 years, and there is a noticeable difference even to me. I have a P-gun frame and Barrel for sale.
    The barrel has been sold once and the frame has been sold twice. Never got the money when promised. Still for sale. After they're traded or sold, I'm done selling stuff on TS.Com.

18. high 2

high 2 Member

Good idea Ed.

19. Dnotarianni

Dnotarianni Member

Did you see pics of what you were buying before sending the money? If the pics don't match to what you got and it was shipped insured then go back to the shipper and claim damage in shipping. If you paid with your credit card then submit all documentation as far as description of sale and description of what you got along with the email showing 3 day inspection and dispute the charge. Your credit card co will almost always side with you and require the seller to pay for the junk to be shipped back to him if he wants it back. If you paid with a money order then your screwed. The seller can also claim that all the damage was caused by you after you received the barrel if you try to claim fraud.
    Sorry for your bad experience
    Dave

20. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Calvin, if the barrel was done by the son after Stan passed away I have heard some real horror stories about the work done. That might be the story in this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.