1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deaf Shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BuddyTrapChamp, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

I have a Deaf Trap Shooter on my High School Trap Team where would i get a Electronic Beeper so he can call pull

2. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Have him use a whistle . Should work with the voice calls

3. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

He tried that he didn't like that he squeaks to call for the bird so I'm looking for a beep call box

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand. Does he want to amplify his natural voice or some kind of device to press a button that makes a sound? I've seen both and most of the stuff you need for either can be purchased from Radio Shack.

5. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

We want him to push a button and a box beeps

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

MAYBE THIS WOULD WORK! MIGHT BE TOO LOUD THOUGH.

Powered by Translate

Megalert Megahorn

Sound of Horn

Megalert Bicycle Horn from Industrial Bicycles
    The Megalert Megahorn is a 105 db at 1 yard electronic horn. Used in industrial settings on transportive trikes as well as on police bicycles, it will get your attention in traffic and most everywhere else!
    Available from www.IndustrialBicycles.com or by calling them (313) 561-2560. Read more about this unique company in the May issue at Suite 101 .

Convenient hands on handlebars operation
    Easy on rubber strap fastening
    Watertight case, impact resistant
    105db Loud
    Weighs only 3 oz.
    Item #3973
    Operates on one 9 volt battery (Not included.)

$23.99

Megahorn Straps

Megalert Bicycle Horn strap from Industrial Bicycles.
    The replacement strap.

$5.99

Electric Horn

Sound of Horn

Electric Bicycle Horn from Industrial Bicycles
    The Electric Horn is used in industrial settings on transportive trikes as well as on police bicycles, it will get your attention at 90 db in traffic and most everywhere else!
    Available from www.IndustrialBicycles.com or by calling them (313) 561-2560.

Convenient hands on handlebars operation
    Slides easy On and Off clamp
    6 Different Alarm Sounds
    90 db Loud
    Push button switch
    Weighs only 3 oz.
    Item #JY-142
    Operates on one 9 volt battery (Not included.)

$21.99

How loud are "normal" things?
    A whispered conversation is 30db

A normal conversation is 60db

A city traffic 85db

A snowmobile is 100db

A rock concert is 110db

Prolong exposure to 85 db can cause gradual hearing loss. And that a snowmobile with its 100 db has a recommendation of no more than 15 minutes' exposure without ear protection.
    Remember these horns are not Toys!

Call Toll Free (800) 561-6670
    or (313) 565-8635

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Frank Kappner in Southern Ohio has a nice device, don't know where or who made it.

It has a hice push button almost flush with the forearm where it is attached with whay I believe is VELCRO

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I've shot with a man who uses a batttery operated remote door bell chime. He hangs the battery powered chime on his belt. He has the button taped to his forestock. DING-DONG the bird goes out. Make sure the one you get uses batteries in sender & receiver, has selection of chimes (you want a simple DING or DING DONG) .... about $15 to $20 bucks.

9. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

I'm assuming you mean deaf/mute, not just deaf. Does he have a cell phone? If he does he could download a timer app that sets off a tone and vibrates at the end of the time. Most allow you to pick your own tone. You could even use a recorded pull tone. Put the phone in one of those hip holsters, tap the screen to start the timer and wait for the vibration/pull tone.

10. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

you could make a simple pezio buzzer from radio shack and use a garage door pushbutton. a simple black box on your belt with a battery in it and the small garage opener would have a small battery in it.

11. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Either get him a small speaker that he can wear on his belt with a small microphone he can attache to his gun stock in front of his face like Jimmy Heller uses or get a whistle and glue the ball to the bottom of the chamber. The last approach gives you a single tone whistle that a small puff of breath will throw a target with voice calls. Saw it done by a guy who had lost his vocal cords and it worked great. Don't know where you get small speaker but probably Radio Shack could help. Good luck.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Possibly a tape player or MP with with the word "PULL" only and a power button to activate it for each call and shot? I'd think that would be the cats meow for those that have voice problems?

Hap

13. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

This topic was talked about within the last twelve months, I think. You may try searching T.S. archives. The best is searching for google portable loudspeakers or microphones.

I've seen call devices operated by a switch clamped between the shooters teeth tripping a buzzer, a blow tube that trips a micro switch to recording calling pull. and a button attached to the forearm tripping a buzzer, all seemed to be home inventions.

Like others have said, Radio shack is a good place to start other than google search. You may also try googling warning devices for the deaf as well.

Maybe someone will ring in who uses such a device.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

accommodating deaf shooters

deaf trap shooter

edso deaf shooting ring