1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

deadbird remanufactured shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ddrsuz, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

From the looks of his website and the background info on Jim, it seemed like a nice down-home business, but when I read his newsletter entries, it does not look like he is really there yet. If I remember, in July he was lamenting how hard it is to start a business selling lead shot and by the end of August he is lamenting how hard it may be to ever get his Bertha sled to excavate its first lead pellet.
    I hope he succeeds because I think I would like to be a customer. His idea of delivering on subscription rate without shipping sounds like a super idea. Just enough to keep me going and no worry about the shipping and ordering hassles.
    Let's wish him luck and some good weather, and maybe a couple of good new prescriptions for that flu he is fighting.

d

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

xtj,
    I personally know Jim and it is indeed a down home simple business he started. In fact it's so small that he limits his production so he can actually fill the subscription he has.

Remember that he's just a guy working out of his garage. He will honor what he sells, but he has to limit it due to the small operation.

3. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

that and the fact that it has rained more days than not in the past few weeks. I know where he is mining and I'm sure it is mess.

K

4. mrcoachbob

mrcoachbob TS Member

xtj

I am also a customer of Jim's although I have never met him personally, I have to say that he is an honest man that keeps his word. Like any small business he did have some growing pains when he went a little too fast at the beginning. He got a little behind, but called me on the phone to apologize and tell me that he would make it right. He had my order caught up in less than a month. The answer is yes if he takes your money he will deliver. Bob

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Impressive site, good prices even without prepaid buying, hope he makes it.
    I don't remember reading what the final outcome was the last time someone on here had a shot offer and didn't fulfil his orders. There were hundreds of threads and then it disappeared. Remember?

6. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

How do you remanufacture shot?

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Melt down recovered shot, run it thru your shotmaker, then re-graphite it. Solves the lead oxidation problem and guarantees no steel shot or small stones mixed in with the final product.

8. Dave P

A little off the subject but has anyone ever used Motor Mica sold by Brownell's as a lead lube. They used to advertise it as a wad lube.

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Dave. I remember the thread as he ripped a friend of mine out of 50 pounds of shot, if I remember correctly. Had to be the longest thread ever. seems as if it was Bill Dawn, if my memory is right. Think he will ever make good on his shipments? Ray

10. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Making shot from molten lead sounds like new shot to me.

11. Dave P

Ray I think you're right. I hope this gentlemean has done his homework meaning accounting and cost analysis so he's on target and is successful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.