1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Mule ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cottondoctor, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

I have a Perazzi MX-10. Does anyone of you use, or have in the past used, a Dead Mule recoil device in a Perazzi stock? How do they preform? Are they worth it? Does it have any negative impact on the gun's handling? Does it hurt the stock? Does it help tame recoil?
    Doc.

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yes.....its good! I've used it in a Perazzi also.....I like the other Mercury better however! Lots of good devices out there!

3. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Personally, I like the Dead Mule better than the rest. I have them in both of my trap guns.

Dale,

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

The only good thing I see about the Dead Mule is the hole thru the center that permits removal of the stock without removing the reducer. I shoot a Grand Italia and they do not have removable triggers. This permits cleaning & lubricating without extra problems. It works just fine but so do most all of the other stock mounted reducers. Take your pick!

Big Jack

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I found it to change the balance of the gun. I removed it.

6. BBowen

BBowen Member

The Dead Mule is manufactured by 100 Straight Products, Inc. It is a mechanical reducer, not mercury. It weighs approximately 7 oz. and is made to fit into a 7/8 x 4 1/2 stock bolt hole. The hole through the middle allows for use of your stock wrench without having to remove the reducer. You can purchase one from 100 Straight Products for $54.95 or you can find them available from Brownells, Midway USA, Gamaliel Shooting Supply, Carl Graf & Sons or your gunsmith.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Probably just as effective as adding the same amount of weight to your stock bolt hole.

8. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

weight is the only thing that works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.