1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DB81 Shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682Fan, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

I would like any opinions on the DB81. considering buying one for sale on the internet. I presently have a TMx and like it, but heard the DB81 is an improvement.

Thanks
    Arnie

2. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I own both the TMX and the DB81 Combo. If you are talking about a DB Combo I would say go for it. The TMX and the DB single for me shoot the same as does the top barrel on the over and under for handicaps. The bottom barrel is modified and simulates the #6 choke on the TMX. I have diffrent release triggers however which took some adjustment on my part. Post-2

3. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

fullchoke

I have a very nice DB-81 combo for sale. $7,000. Email me (drop the xx) if you are interested and I can send you photos. Gun is original with all numbers matching.

Vince McNamara

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Arnie..... I shoot a DB-81 combo and I don't think it is anything at all like a TMX, or any other gun for that matter. The DB-81 is much smoother and handles much nicer for me than the TMX does. I have owned, and shot, both guns, and now own only the DB-81. The DB-81 is a notoriously flat shooting gun, with most POI's being about 55/45 or 60/40 at best. I have mine set up to shoot 70/30 and it really handles the targets well. I have owned just about every Perazzi gun made, and, for my money, the DB-81 combo is, without question, the best one of the bunch. I'll take it one step farther and say that I prefer the older DB-81's that came with 2 triggers and 2 forends over the DB-81 special. The older DB-81's seem better made, and just more gun, in general. That being said, I would take any DB-81 over any other Perazzi gun.... Just my opinion.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. highrib

highrib Member

I have a (2) DB81's. 1 is DB81 special a combo set with 34/30.The other is a earlier 32"O/U. I was patterning the guns on Sunday. The Special with a small gap betwwen the beads patterns 1 1/4-1 1/2" high at 13 yards.Bottom barrel of 32" over under shoots just a little above flat 50/50 with a figure 8 Bead alignment.Top Barrel of the 32" gun shoots at 3 1/2" high. I have not patterned 30" barrels yet for the special. The 30" barrels are set up top barrel modified and bottom barrel full. The 32" barrels are a more standard bottom modified, top full arrangement.
    I have just been through a year of shooting MX10RS with all its adjustability.
    I am now headed back to the DB81. I need something just a little less adjustable.THe DB81 was hard for me to learn to shoot until I realized it was shooting so flat. Moved the comb up, forgot the gap in the beads and every thing started to work better.(One good thing about shooting like this is you see the area over the trap house better because you are not right behind the receiver). Guns tend to be on the heavy side.Wish I hadn't strayed,Maybe the old gal will forgive me and let me shoot a few more good scores with her.
    Just my .02
    Billy Wood
    When I get some pictures done I plan to sell the MX10 combo set.Ray stafford big gun outfit 35/34

6. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

Hey Fullchoke, Vince Mcnamara's DB81 is well worth the money, but I'd make him pay shipping, he's easy, and can be had.

7. mwmd

mwmd Member

I have a late production db81 combo, gold lined receiver, awesome trap gun! Anyone out there know how many goldline receiver db81's are around?

mwmd

8. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

mwmd,

I do not know how many were made, I have a GoldLine DB81 34/32 combo, I think a guy named Stetson or Statson owned one a few years ago. That is the only other one I know of. With yours, that may be 3.

Don Rackley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.