1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DB81 O/U barrels ???? what is the deal?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had a number of these on the range and they all shoot different height patterns

Several seemed flat in both barrels

What is the deal? What were they supposed to shoot?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Flat and flatter

3. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

You can make a GUN shoot anywhere you want. My question would be where do the BARRELS shoot. For example, if the beads were stacked the same do the bbls shoot the same. That's all that matters, remove the variable of the comb height.

And it seems like DB81 bbls attract the hole drillers and boring nuts like flies to ...... Anyway, I've been sorta looking for a set of unmolested 70-75cm DB81 bbls for what seems like years and no end in sight. Ah, well.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

One time I bought a used DB81 and the bottom barrel shot just right for me straight and about 8" high at 40 yards but the top barrel shot dead flat and 6" to the left. I tried all kinds of tricks to shoot that gun for Doubles but I finally gave up and got rid of it. It went back to the dealer that I bought it from instead of selling it to anyone I knew. It was an expensive way to learn the old adage, "Try before Buy".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.