1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DB 81 Seitz tuned F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by wanderer, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanderer

wanderer Member

0   0   0

Perazzi DB81, . 34 in. brl., Seitz ported, back bored and choked, bore mics .749 choke mics .717 for .032.POI adjusted by Seitz to 80-20. Stock is 1 3/8 x 13/8 x 14 1/2 with adj comb in lowest position. Seitz adj comb with padded (soft) adj comb. Receiver rebuilt and reblued. Pull trigger. All nrs. match. $4200.00. Will consider offers. Gary E. Gasaway.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trap 2,Sovrapposto, & HMT, I misprinted first ad. Thinking of my first TM1 which was Ithaca import. This gun was Perazzi import. SN 57***.
    Rick979 This gun wasn't stamped by Seitz, but when he did stamp read "C.C.Seitz"
    Gyrine: Had the gun in Tuscon but didn't show or display it.
    michmoe: Ajax is right. Tom was nickname, real name Charles C. Seitz.
    BeBop: Not a counterfit copy, real thing. I had the work done myself.
    Forgot poster's handle who asked if I "wondered" about responses, true, but I tried to do ad from memory, and you know what happens when CRS syndrome hits.
    Thanks everyone for looking and commenting, and special thanks to CubanCigar for his offer of helping post pictures. GEG.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Gary... I also wonder about it. My DB-81 Combo is in the 55XXX serial number range, and, according to Perazzi USA, was one of the first ones to enter the country in 1981 or early 1982. It is definitly not an Ithaca import. It would be very interesting to know more about the history of your gun if it is, indeed, a DB-81. I am a die-hard DB-81 fan and would like to know all I can find out about them and their various histories.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. sovrapposto

sovrapposto TS Member

0   0   0

Trap2, I too have a DB81 combo from the Monrovia Cal era, ser# 99xxx. Did you ever hear of a DB81E ? I have a Perazzi catalog that shows a DB81E with a non-detachable single selective trigger with coil springs. The catalog states that it is designed for live bird and Olympic trap only and it is based on the MS80 receiver. I'm not sure when this catalog was produced but it has the Rome N.Y. address and talks about the new headquarters in Italy expected to open in Jan 1982 so I'm guessing it is from 1980/81 This catalog also lists the sidelock side by side and sidelock o/u in shotgun or rifle. Jerry

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Dan T., I've kicked myself in the backside for selling my combo!! I should have had it restocked and shot it till it fell apart, or tried!! Hap

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

0   0   0

Wanderer, did you have this gun for sale in Tucson? gyrine

6. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

0   0   0

I have a DB81 with a seitz tuned barrel.Its stamped cc seitz.If his name was Tom Seitz,what are the two c's for? Can anyone explain? Thanks

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

"Tom" was a nickname. Tom's real name was Charles. When Tom stamped his work he used his real initials. C.C. Seitz. I don't remember what his middle name was.

Ajax

8. wanderer

wanderer Member

0   0   0

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Probably the local people would only know that Tom did not stamp all of his work. If you were local and dropped by to see him, and had some work done it was not alway stamped. I have two guns Tom did the work on but did not stamp. The others I have Tom did the work on and did stamp. I really don't know why some were and some weren't. You alway think you'll see a guy at the next shoot and sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I should have asked sooner.

Ajax

10. wanderer

wanderer Member

0   0   0

Ajax:

Also, it is my understanding that for a period of time, early 80's, the manufacturers warned all after market enhancers off of imprinting their names on manufacturers products. After short period of time they got it worked out and after market people started stamping their name on products they had worked on. Thanks for helpful clarification. GEG.

11. wanderer

wanderer Member

0   0   0

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Hap... I know what you mean. Like a fool, I sold the first DB-81 Combo I had to a shooter that made me an offer I didn't think I could refuse. It took me quite a while to get back to the DB-81, and that's where I'll stay. I still think that the MX3 Special, and the ORIGINAL DB-81's are the two best guns Perazzi ever made. Everyone has their favorites, but, to me, these are the exceptional pieces they made.... No, my DB-81 is not for sale!...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Dan Thome!! I can't believe it! This is Rick Kipp. I just sent you a PM. I now live in Texas. Give me a call 979-542-2901

14. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks ajax for the info and sorry wanderer for cutting in on your thread but at least it has kept it at the top of the page.

15. wanderer

wanderer Member

0   0   0

16. wanderer

wanderer Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
history of the perazzi db-81 trap gun

perazzi db81 history