1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DB-81 IS BACK FROM THE GUN DOCTOR!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Friday, Dec. 12, 2008 10:10am.....

IT'S BACK!! It just came in on UPS and I just opened the box. The gun arrived in pristine condition. Doug packaged it very well to protect it from any damage, and shipped it back insured. Here is what was done to the gun:

1) Rebuild locking bolt and refit both barrels.............. $125.00

2) Weld forend lug to tighten action on single barrel....... $125.00

3) Refit forend iron to fit single barrel................... $ 40.00

4) Replace top lever spring with new spring................. $ 6.00

5) Adjust ejector/hammer cocking timing to match............ $ N/C

6) $7000 insurance and return shipping charges.............. $ 63.93

The grand total for all this work is $359.93. Doug shipped the gun back on ups on Dec. 8th. Total turnaround time from sending it off to getting it back; 11 days!!

Now, a little side note here on Dougs work. It is absolutely perfect in every way. Not only did he do everything I asked for, he even called me to suggest I address the forend fit on the single. He showed me he cared about what I wanted for my gun and took the time to contact me and discuss it. For my money, you could not ask for better service or workmanship from any gunsmith, anywhere. If you have any questions, please PM me and I will be happy to respond.

Doug, thank you very much for everything. You are to be commended for your style of doing business. You don't see a whole lot of that in this day and age. Thanks for taking care of me and my "Sweetheart DB-81". I appreciate it very much... Happy Holidays, my friend..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Show reply

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Not yet, Mike, but I will put some rounds through it this weekend. I don't anticipate any problems as this is the second time Doug has done locking bolt work on my gun and I had no problems at all the last time. Believe me, he is a pro in every sense of the word.....Dan

3. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Dan: Thanks for keeping us updated. Prices and work look good to me.
    Will probably be sending him my TM1 in few days.

Doyal

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Doyal..... You won't regret it, believe me. Dougs work is first class all the way...Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.