1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dayton,Ohio trap clubs ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by setool, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setool

setool Member

Does any one know of trap ranges close to Dayton,Ohio besides Greene County
    F & G and Wright Patt ???

Middletown is all I can think of, but w/ I-75 traffic and construction, it will take close to an hour to get to.

Just curious, and thanks in advance.

Mark Schneider

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Clark County Sportsman's Club is about 20 miles East. Mostly Sporting Clay and skeet. No waiting anyway LOL. New Canterbury wireless releases and overhauling the trap machines.

Rock

Jim

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

hill top sportsmans club. wednesday night 2 man and 3 man buddy/protector shoots. harrisburg ohio. BYG

4. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

The Newport Sportsmen Club located 10 miles west of Sidney, Ohio in Shelby County is a REAL nice place to shoot. League shooting Every tuesday night. Always have openings and one spare trap for practice. Start shooting at 6 PM through 10 PM. Great Food at reasonable prices and cold drinks. Listed on the ATA and OSTA sites.

5. setool

setool Member

Thanks for the info, Guy's... My addiction is GROWING !!!

Mark Schneider

6. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Mark: Nashville shoots on wednesday night and Pleasant Hill Fish and Game shoots on friday night.PM me if interested. I will be shooting for 2 days so won't be on computer till sunday. Both clubs are 1/2 hour from Dayton. Birdtracker

7. ouch

ouch Member

It seems like there use to be more, Do any of these still exist: Miamisburg Sportsmans club on Union Rd.,Clinton County Farmers and sportsman, Millers Camp ground outside of Waynesville, And one in Huberheights, Milford gun club, And a club down by Cleves,Ohio ? Thanks, Richard

8. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Is Kiser Lake Sportsman's Club still operational?

9. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I have been told that Kiser Lake dose not shoot trap there any more ........ why! the farmer down range was giving them hell for shooting lead in to his field.

10. wm rike

wm rike Member

Miamisburg Sportsman's Club is still up and running. A half year back I noticed that they have a v nice website and lots of different shooting activities. If I recall correctly, when it was moved to its present site about 40 years ago they had two traps.

BTW, does anyone remember 50-60 years ago when Miamisburg SC, in addition to their facilities on the hill, also had an indoor rifle range downtown?

11. over/under

over/under Member

Rock, what happened to that club? Back in the 70-80's that was 1 heck of a club. Also there was 1 in Crystal Lake.

12. ouch

ouch Member

lets try this again !

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

There used to be a place to shoot over by the airport. They shut it down a few years back for some reason.

ss

14. kolarshooter1981

kolarshooter1981 TS Member

Newport which isnt far from dayton at all is a top notch club. Throws out some very sporting targets especially if the wind is right and not to mention the money on the handicaps are usually pretty attractive. Great club, great targets, great people, and great food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.