1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Day to Day Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LocoChunk, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

some days I can shoot 90s easy then the next day i can barely break 80s, does anyone have any ideas on why I do this?

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

talking caps or singles? Hard to tell without watching, but trap is a game of consistency. Mountig the gun the same everytime is huge. Mount the gun 100 to 150 every day, so when you are competing and you mount you will know right away if it is not set right, remount it. Sean Hawley had an article in Trap shootinig USA about practice, find it and read it. When All Americans tell you what to do, it is advice worth listening too. Scott

3. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

My consistency problems usually stem from the mental game. Some days I'm just a little more distracted than others. Sometimes I'm trying too hard to break a good score. No point in worrying about scores, you don't shoot scores you shoot targets. The more experience I get the more easily I can put myself into the zone and not care about anything other than shooting targets. You must find what works for you mentally. I watched Harland Campbell shoot at Illinois this year and I noticed not so much his style but his poise. He just has the look of someone who has everything in control so I've tried to implement that into my shooting. Had good results so far.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Could be target selection, after all, the presentation is theoretically random. Maybe one day you get all "easy" ones, then tomorow comes and it's the opposite. Have your buddy chart your targets and then work on the "hard" ones. Good luck.

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Almost everyone that I shoot with can say the same thing, including myself. Try to keep track of your pre-shoot routine i.e. rest, when you eat, etc. and try to see what works for you. For myself, a little time with the spouse seems to really steady my hand, a walk with the dogs seem to brighten my mood. All of this stuff seems to make a difference. I almost always shoot much better earlier in the day. Your going to hear a lot of things like this. That ability to concentrate seems to be the key, but attaining it is elusive sometimes. jmo Bill

6. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

my gun mount and stance is good. I think its all mental, any ideas on how to fix it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

random day to day problems