1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dawsons stocklock?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Can anyone enlighten me on how dawsons stocklock works? I have an idea for a recoil reducer that would have a similar lock-until-fire setup, but don't want to reinvent the wheel. Also, will he install his system w/ out building a stock to go w/ it?

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Call Dawson's and talk to Pat McCarthy. He is the guy behind the Stock lock, an All American shooter and a nice guy. I am sure he would fully explain the set up to you.

JON

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I'm curious if anyone has had problems with their Stock Lock? How often do you have to do maintenance? Change springs or pistons etc?

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

I have 3 of Pat's Stock Locks, Seitz- K-gun- P gun, no problems, I have a friend who is now an accomplished shooter and keeps excellent records, he has 87,000 rounds through his k-gun, zero problems

5. pjh

pjh Member

I shot one for the first time this spring. It was VERY nice. The difference between this system and many others is that the pad and the comb stay solid and the rest moves sort of like a soft touch. The new systems have a bearing in it so you can hold it tight without compressing the system. Worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.