1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DAVID Web Master

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682LINY, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Just a thought,,,,while scrolling through the posts,,,next time you revamp your software,,,,would it be possible to have the posts counter after the thread name and before the hit counter ,,,change from black to red on any threads that the person reading it has posted replies to,,,,,hope you understand what I am saying,,,,dont know if it possible ,,,,but it would be an easy reminder of what threads you have posted on ,,,without going to the edit function,,,ps and a built in spell check,,,I dont have one and have been unsucussfull installing one,,,Thanks for a GREAT SITE,,,Bill Goscinski AKA 682liny

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

I am sure there are others , my google tool bar has a spell checker and i also have another one called ie spell,it was easy to install,also i find it easy enough to use the edit function to see what posts i have started or replied too.

Bill

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Spell check..........My 3rd grade teacher gave me one and I have been using it ever since.

HM

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Or just jump to Dictionary.com then back to TS.Com after gettin' ed-you-cated!.......Bob Dodd

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would like to have the ability to go back to where I was automaticly after I reply to a post.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

682LINY above in the web address line I have added a link to a free spell checker all you have to do is click download and pick the one that works in English. At least that is all I have ever had to do.

Bob Lawless

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hi Billy,

If you install and use an alternate web browser such as Firefox or Safari, they include a spell checker feature that works fine on this site. They are ported to other operating systems if you are using a MAC, Linux box, or other. They also crash a little less. IE Spell works, but it should be a basic function of the browser, which Micro$oft neglected to include.

8. gotbass

gotbass Member

safari and MAC = smooth

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Linux and Firefox or other Mozilla derivative = Like Silk and FREEEEEEEEEEEE! Runs on almost anything too! No expensive, proprietary or overly powerful hardware needed.

Billy,

You are just talking abouy flagging the threads you are participating in and possibly a way to keep a "watch list" of threads as well. I don't know if it's possible or convenient with the software here, but it's a great idea.