1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

David Kelly 94?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fracdog, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Made a small wager with David he couldn't break a 94 or better at the Kern County Golden 400 this weekend. The bet is for event 1 (unless he wants to try to get his money back.) Hmmm what to do with the money,primers,shot,powder,crown royal or donate to trap help.Not sure crown should be an option since that's what got me in this mess. First time at Kern can be tough on some people. Good Luck Dave

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Fracdog..... I would not bet against Dave, anywhere! He's a shooter!! Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I don't know David Kelly personally....but I can tell you one thing! He sure is on the Leader Board an awful lot!!!....Both East and West of the Mississippi!!!!......Uncle Sam, Pa.

4. Golfbcc

Golfbcc TS Member

Dave took my doubles clinic bigrasdoubles.com so I would not bet against him in the Doubles. Ricky also took my clinic but he needs a few more lessons.

Steve Bigras

5. tbowman

tbowman TS Member

Fracdog or should i say ( ODIS ). if i remember correctly you not only made this bet with David but with Marshall as well. We will be taking pictures as you distibute your money. ( some of us just shouldn't drink ) ha ha ha. Tim

6. trap7

trap7 Member

Fracdog say good by to your money David is a greater shooter and a great person as well.Jerry Routh

7. edbon9

edbon9 Member

if he can break 94's at martinez, he can break a 94 at kern county :)
    the guy can shoot anywhere.

8. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

tbowman u r right about marshall but he's scared.

9. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

It is pretty obvious a lot of these posters have not shot Kern County. Dave is shooting as well as anyone in the country right now, and is a good friend. That being said, 94 for a first time hdcp at Kern County would be a very big score in the morning event. Just a little insight....their inaugural shoot had roughly 26 squads..I think 90 was high on a sunny 10mph wind day. It is a little better with the Pat traps now. Me and Jennifer went back over a couple months ago...again, sunny day, 10mph wind....I fought hard for a 92..Jen had a 73...Heller had a 77. I emphasize it is of no fault of the club...they do everything possible to throw a good target....it just is what it is...if ya go, you will have a great time...just dont count on a score. Jerry n Jen.

10. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

edbon9 u r right he's one of the best, we will see.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Frac, if the day is nice, say bye to yer cash. :) Dave's one of the toughest competitors in the country, as well as being a good guy!!

Hap

12. tbowman

tbowman TS Member

Fracdog ( ODIS ) i don't think scared is it. he just doesn't realize how much fun we are going to have watching you hand out $100.00 bills.( can you say tightass )ha ha

13. 7771

7771 Active Member

ive watched dave shoot in Reno Coon Creek Fallon and he is good, but good luck with your bet.

14. trucker1

trucker1 TS Member

ODIS it will be good watching you digging out that money that has never seen the light of day. I agree some people should not drink.PS I got to thow up.

15. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

I think Dave can handle a 94.

16. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Heller had a 77?.......Did he only shoot 3 traps? :)

17. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Oh this ought to be fun to watch....:)
    Timmy, Randy and Allen said to be sure that you have a bunch of meat marinade on hand... something about a blue can that you always seem to have for them to use???!!!!?? LOL

18. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

David's dad was the distributor for Eclipse clay targets back in the 70s and beyond. Dad was a gem of a fellow and to be reckoned with on the trap field. David, about the same time, was a normal enough young man and had his eye on my oldest daughter whenever at the Martinez GC. Not too long ago, David and I ran into each other at the PITA Grand Pacific and it took very little prodding for him to remember me, the wife, and mention of my Laurie. He was in no rush to break off a friendly conversation and can, as mentioned above, be rated in the "Good Guy" category as well as a gem of a competitor. I'll take the side of those that predict he'll win the bet......breakemall Dave!.....Bob Dodd

19. ned408

ned408 Member

If you don't win the bet shooting against him...offer up some wrestling. I heard he didn't do well at that in Florida. I also heard Ricky has the video to prove it. :)
    Randy Ross

20. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Randolph...u rasslin west end boyz????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.