1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Jun 7, 2006
    What a fantastic sight. Dave strolls into the gun club with two sons in tow and says he is going to shoot a round of doubles! Holy Crap! Yes lit, He is a tough cuss!

This man has more tenacity than anyone I know. Heart transplant for the second time, kidneys, poor back from years of anti rejection meds and still can shoot a hundred registered doubles!

By the end of the round poor Dave was shaking, his arms worn out and his knees knocking. His pale blue eyes showed signs of pain, but there was one sure sign of hope. Dave had a smile a mile wide! He had done it! Oh, the score wasn't real pretty, but he made some fantastic shots in the wind breaking one of the targets at about a foot off the ground, but this wasn't about a score.

That round with his sons by his side was about hope and utter and the near impossible accomplishment, of being alive. He has made mile stones come and go. A new grand daughter, new parts, rekindled literally hundreds
    of old friendships and made many more new ones. Hundreds of us read about Dave everyday on the caring bridge site. We watched and rejoiced when Dave made a tiny yet very significant step forward. We agonized when Dave hit another stumbling block. We followed, prayed, rejoiced and prayed some more.

Dave, Prayers do work! You are one heck of a man and I am proud to be a good friend of yours. You will make all your goals and I am sure you will shoot the Minnesota State Diamond Badge this July!

I want to personally thank you for all the hope that your story gives to so many others whom are on a transplant lists throughout the country. They need to know there is hope out there and you are one very positive story! After all very few people have ever had two heart transplants!

Take care my friend.
    aka: "coach"
    Mark Stevens
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.