1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dave Higginbotham Killed Today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Guys this may not be trap related but the gun world lost another good one today. Dave Higginbotham,owner and gun maker of Lone Star Rolling Block rifles was shot while removing a gun from his vehicle. Don't know any more details at this time. He was well known for his fine Rolling Block rifles.
    Carey

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Dave just completed my Lone Star Sept. 1st. Carolyn and I drove over to his shop and picked it up on Labor Day. He was a talented gunmaker and a great guy. My deepest sympathy goes out to his wife and family.

Ken Rucker

3. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Ken I have never met Dave personally but have had him build 2 rifles and spent a lot of time talking with him. Just spoke with Dave 2 weeks ago and my 2nd was to be completed by the end on the year. A real loss for all.
    Carey

4. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Quite a shocker to be sure. RIP Dave.

He made some of the finest rolling blocks to ever hit the field. I own a .50 cal and can attest to that. Accidents do happen, but they are never pleasant. It's hard to imagine Dave doing something foolish enough to be self shot. That split second of carelessness can mean an eternity to the one involved. God bless the family and friends; they will in time get by without this fine gunsmith and man...Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.