1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dave berlet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by setool, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setool

setool Member

Guy's

Being a newbee, it seems you guy's are true pro's at recomending the BEST people to get with. It has been AWESOME WORKING with Whiz White !!!

Since I started Shooting a little bit again (only 850 total birds in the last month after 30 years), I need a stock fitter to help me get my scattergun stock set right.

Feedback told me to go to Dennis Devault, but I am unable to sneek out and drive to Canton, Oh for a full day.

Big Papa recommended Dave Berlet... He lives only a few miles away, so I called him this p.m.

He was so nice... said he would be glad to help me...

I am going to meet him Monday p.m.

Thank You to all of you guy's for the help. This forum is AWESOME !!!!!!

Mark Schneider

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dave will take care of you. Great guy, and he knows his stuff obviously as he is a vet all american.

3. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Mark:
    I did the same thing. Called Dave because my Beretta was biting me a couple years ago. He didn't know me from Adam, told me to come to his place and in 30 minutes he cured the problem with a stock adjustment. He's as good as they come. When you're there, ask to see his lumberjack equipment. He is a champion 2-man cross-cut saw competitor.

Joe Nester

4. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Zardorforty, Dave made me his first adjustable stock in about 1982 or 83. He was making Ann's picture frames and I asked him if he could do a stock for my 682. The first one just went up and down, after a year or so I asked him to do me one that went sideways and up and down. I've shot one of Dave's stocks ever since. Big Leo took my first stock and I never got it back, of course he's a democrat {he voted for Clinton in the 1992 Mo. primary} too so what should I have expected. Brad Dysinger

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My admiration for Leo has deminished.

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Mark

I was at Dave's picking up my model 12 Fri. afternoon.

He put on a Delrin rib. Great job.

I believe your call came thru about 2:30 while I was there.

You will be pleased.

Also, ask about the Ber-Dy anti boredom tool. He may have some left.

Regards...Gerald

7. Mapper

Mapper Member

I can only echo others praise of Dave Berlet. Nice guy. Fine wood worker. Pretty fair country clay buster. Comes from a trapshooting family. I too have examples of his woodwork around the house.

Mike Kennedy

8. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Dave Berlet's work on my wife's K-80 was excellent! Dave really knows his stuff when it comes to woodworking and trapshooting. I hear he is a pretty darn good bowler too!

Don Cogan

9. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I used Dave's soft top adjustable stock and his ribs on my MX-3 combo, great product.

Terry.

10. setool

setool Member

I met with Dave last night... A great guy to meet. He almost immediately found out what was wrong. Shooting VERY high, with all comb spacers removed.

He suggested to install a new rib, so I left it with him. Next week, with his help, I should have my MX-8 fitting like a champ.

Now, if I could just shoot like a champ... LOL

Mark Schneider

11. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I never hesitate to recommend Dave. He has done a lot of work for me over the years. Not one time have I every been unhappy nor has anyone that I have sent to visit Dave.

12. setool

setool Member

Dave had my gun ready last Thursday, I went and got it on Friday p.m.
    Pulled it up, and it felt GREAT !!! He even had his son, Dirk Meckstroph look
    and judge it. He concurred, and I can't wait to shoot it this week. Couldn't shoot last weekend, as I had to fish a bass tourney on St. Mary's. Too many vices....

Thanks again, Dave !!!

Mark Schneider

p.s. Dave even gave me 3 heads of his home grown garlic he had hanging in the shop. Ward off the evil spirits, and damn, it tastes good.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Dave is a top-notch craftsman & a North American Clay Target Champion to boot!

14. setool

setool Member

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I also prefer it IN my neck Zardo.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.