1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Daughters update from court...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bcnu, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well sports fans, it has been 9 months and one week now since my daughter was assaulted. We today, FINALLY got deposed. The wife, myself and my daughter along with one of her friends that was at the same place. This all started at 830 this morning. It was 855 pm when we got back home after a quick dinner.

I gotta tell you, this is possibly THE longest damned day that we have had. The prosecutor felt good about it and the way that we all did so I guess that I am happy about that.

They will be deposing a few more people soon and then MAYBE next year some time we can get to the actual trial part and do it all over again.

Somewhere in between all that we will also get to go to court over the violation of the child protection order, (caught on tape) which will probably have to disappear because the perp does not fall into the correct category.

Now for the instructional part of today, if you have a child with a my space account, BLOCK access to that web site. It will do NOTHING but cause trouble. They managed to gain access to her account and read everything. To me they would not have anything to read but to a 14 year old teenage girl who used it as a diary of sorts, well, you can see where this is going.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little.

If you have kids, give them an extra hug.

John

2. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Best of luck to you and your family dealing with this tragedy.

Its a damn shame that predators can use the internet in such a malicious way, but that's the sick world we live in.

Stay strong!

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

God bless you and your family.

4. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

John, I once again want to voice how sorry I am that your family, and especially your daughter, is having to go through this. I am sure the entire ordeal has been nothing short of draining and extremely painful for you all. Stay strong and remember there will be an end......it will seem as though there is no end I am sure, however. God Bless and be with you. You are such a good Dad. Know that you are all in our prayers.

Lorna Hull and family

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Good luck with this unhappy event in your lives. Best wishes to your family.

6. TC

TC TS Member

John, thinking of you and your family, wishing you the best. Tony

7. Recexe

Recexe TS Member

John, Thoughts and prayers to you and ur Fam... Keep ur head up

8. calilori

calilori TS Member

John, you and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers. Tell your daughter to stay brave. This is going to be tough for her, but she is so blessed to have such a loving family. I'm assuming since he broke the order of protection he is not in jail until the trial. That's a real shame....anyway, keep the faith and know that you have many people praying for you while you fight this ugly battle.

9. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

It seems that here in Missouri, unless the perp is a member of the family or living in the residence, you can't really have an order of protection. This guy was a school mate. Hence the probably going to be thrown out part. I still don't know why a judge would give an order that is unenforceable, and then amend it at my request later to specify a distance.

Thanks for the thoughts and I really don't need anything. Just wanted to vent a bit and complain about the same justice system that let off the dunder head in the other thread that was driving 100 in a 45 zone.

Maybe, just maybe, if they actually punished these people, this would be a better place.

Oh, and by the way, the perp did not use the myspace account, his lawyers did. In an attempt to use things that kids say against her. Didn't work but the idea of it is getting ready to be tested in court if and when ever this goes to trial.

Thanks again and take care.

John

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

John, be aware that one of the strongest reasons to depose you and your family is/was so that when the trial finally comes to pass and you are questioned at length, the "defense" will compare your answers with your earlier deposition and try to make you unsure or a liar if the answers change even a little. What's working for you, assuming you were 100% straight in the depo, it will be easier to remember the true facts than little white lies. I would think you could get copies of the deposition through your attorney....breakemall....Bob Dodd

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You and your family are being remembered in our prayers ... Stay strong and you have to believe ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

Prayer sent for your daughter and family.

REDD

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

John, you and your families well being is in out thoughts here. Stay strong for your daughters sake too, she'll be looking to both of you for more than moral support during this trying time for her. All our best! Hap

14. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

John,

So sorry to hear you and your family are going through this ordeal. Know that many, many of us are pulling for you and yours.

Tad Houston

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

John, The prayers and thoughts of our family are with your entire family as you suffer this ordeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.