1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Darrel Nelson (WI) Passes On

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dickotto, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dickotto

dickotto TS Member

Obituary in today's Journal/Sentinel for Old Timer and great competitor, Darrel Nelson. For those who knew Darrel know what a GREAT person he was to know. Always friendly and willing to swap stories with anyone. He and his deceased brother, Ozzie, were always first in line at the gun clubs. Besides registered shooting they both shot leagues at several clubs. As I recall, he won the Sr. Vet Handicap trophy at the Grand one year as well as numerous trophies at state shoots in WI as surrounding states. He was also inducted into the WI Trapshooting Hall of Fame.
    Funeral services are Tue. Nov. 29 at Hartson Funeral Home (11111 Janesville Rd - west of Hwy 100 @ Janesville Rd); 10:30am - noon with service @ noon.
    Besides being an outstanding shooter he was one of my "unforgettables" to have known. Stop by and pay your respects.
    Dick Otto

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about the passing of this true gentleman shooter. I will always remember that he was a pleasure to shoot with. One time he missed the 97th target in the 16 yard event and ended up with a 99. A 16 year old kid that shot to his left shot a 68. I asked Darrel after shooting if having this kid miss so many targets messed him up? He said he paid for his targets, he can do what ever he wants with them. He will be missed.
    Steve Balistreri

3. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

A really nice guy who always had a smile on his face and time to spend with you id you needed hia help.
    Rick Goshgarian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.