1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DARO II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Heap, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

To add a sporting aspect to trapshooting you might try calling for the target and allowing the puller up to 5 seconds to release the bird.

This would simulate field shooting and introduce a new variable into a game that has become hide bound with rules and regs.

We've done that to have a little fun (God forbid) and it didn't seem to hinder experienced trapshooters.

2. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Or do a "quail walk" type of shoot, where you start at 27 yards, walk forward with a low gun, and the puller lets a bird go when they want. It might take a while but you could get 5 birds per post during your walk, then move to the next shooter. This could combine singles and handicap, so it wouldn't really take much more time than shooting the two events in the regular fashion. Anything to liven up the stodgy old regular game of trapshooting, and level the playing field so that those sandbagging long/short (pick your favorite) yardage shooters won't win everything, right?

3. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I think the first thread had the key to making it challenging,make it so you have to see 30 targets to shoot 25,you pick the 5 targets you turn down but they can't be consecutive try it and you will see just how good Daro's mental game is,which is the difference between a big dog and the rest of us.;o) Jerry

4. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

The first post must have been deleted, because I didn't read where you could turn down 5 of the targets in a sub event.

It would be hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You call "Pull" (or whatever), then within 5 seconds the target apears. If you don't think you'll hit it, you can turn it down, up to 5 per sub event.

Someone said you could not turn down 2 in a row. Yea, OK... so if you turn one down, you better be ready to nail the next one.

Daro II, I like it!

P.S. A round of trap will probably cost and additional 20% over what you're used to though!!!!!!!

5. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

The Cantebery voice calls that are cordless has settings to throw a delay targets for international events, a little plastic dial just turn it to the setting for delay,I have one set and my other 3 sets are with cords.Drainers Gun Club,Dan Drainer

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Some of his fellow shooters filed an ATA complaint on him one time for turning down 38 targets out of 50 (!) at the California State Shoot one year.

How'd you like to be on that squad?

7. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

I don't think you could call them fellow shooters.

They were disgruntled loosers who were friends of the shoot chairman and didn't like shareing money with an outsider. Yes it was the hometown good-old-boys-club. They could not find a rule he broke so they sent a shooter who was not a director to be his referee.

I'm sure others will remember that day. I was on that squad.

I was embarrased for the CGSTA for allowing itself to be used by a few with their own reasons.

Mike

8. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

I suspect it will benefit me more to pay attention to my own shooting than to be critical of someone elses style or methods. That being said, applying as much as I can of an excellent marksmans mannerisms can do nothing but help me. If the only way to make myself look better is to make someone else look worse I certainly do not have much to offer. Attaboy Daro................... Larry

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

I hear a lot of talking about "other people" and this-and-that gossip...but I don't hear anybody denying that he turned down the targets.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Quit trying to change the sport. It's fine the way it is. I'm tired of hearing about Daro and any made up need to change the sport because of the legend of one shooter. Same argument as wanting to make handicap harder because of a few pros. Stupid.

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Na.... Let a few more morons complain about stuff that happened many years ago. Don't let the fact bhat it no longer occurs change a good attack on somebody!

None of this stuff has happend in in the last 12 years or more but guys still want to argue and attack the guy.Jeff

12. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Just wondering how many of you complainers could break 500 straight from the 27...if they were all straight aways.......Daro is awesome....SMOKIT

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That's cause most of the complainers shoot from the 18!!

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Buzz gun,

IT WAS ONLY 36 TARGETS.

15. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

I remember that, its called cheating in my book....or theft if $$$$ is on the line. And as far as the record, I would put a * by it. I could run a few more 100s from the 27 turning down 50+ targets per event. I've shot over 50,000 ATA handicap and have turned down maybe 50........if that, but then again I dont turn them down for not coming out just the way I like'em. Remember being the best is not hard if you do it the easy way.

Aaron Holguin

16. releasebob

releasebob Member

I think Daro pretty much shoots PITA targets anymore,it's no wonder, you ATA guys are a bunch of whiny ass babies I have never heard PITA shooters complain about him and I have never heard of him be penalized or disqualified or even reprimanded by any trapshooting association so shut up and shoot.BOB

17. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I am against turning down targets. Clay cost money. If you are so good no need to turn down anything!!!!

Harry Lyga

18. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

You guys don't understand what it means to put in place a rule that says no one can turned down targets.

In the early 90's I walked up to a scorer at the golden west grand and he showed me a twenty dollar bill with the story at a guy on the last squad told him to fast pull the tall guy on the next squad.

So you want the score controlled by the highest bidder.

Last comment. Those days are over. This does not happen anymore.

Mike

19. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Those must be the old days because I am positively certain without a doubt that no one does anything like that these day, no sir that only happened before electronics and no one would ever dare do that again. And I am sure Daro shoots at all the targets that he deams to be on time.

CM

20. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

Roger,

How are you? Hope you are well.

It was not my job to watch his targets. If I did not call it a hit then I did not see it. And I don't remember a word said about it.

Our comment about chipped targets was usually "Next time you better hit it harder". We never asked if our target was hit or not. That was the rule.

Hope to see you at the Spring Grand.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.