1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

darn low targets...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooter R, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

I recently shot some registered 27 yard targets that were probably legal, but were rather low. To make matters worse, they came out of a brown house, and had broken targets as a background for the first third of the targets flight,and then more brownish background. I usually hold just below the roof, and a little inside of the corners on 1 and 5, and could actually see the black rimmed targets fairly well, even though they looked thin. Seeing that they did make it to the 50 yard stake, I figured they were not slow.

My hits were chippy, and it was hard to stay under the birds. My question is... Should I have taken a few spacers out of the comb? I shoot an MX15 and it's great for normal to high(er) set targets. Any tips would be appreciated.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Taking spacers out will work as long as the targets stayed low. What would you do if the wind changed and the targets started to rise? Best advice is to hold lower and adjust your hold as conditions change.

Eric

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Tell them to raise the targets.

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

You shot 'em , you bought 'em! If you didn't like the targets, you had every right to request them changed, Failure to do so, Your loss. Ask and ye shall receive or as it stands, chalk it up to another bad day.

Big Jack

5. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Good point Big Jack. There was a bunch of "kinda low" comments. After the first trap we should have asked for a reset. Thanks.

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I would have removed at least 1 .060 spacer.

tony

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Sounds like Silver Dollar targets......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.