1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dark days

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hairtrigger, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

on dark days overcast or cloudy days i cant see the 27 yard targets what is the answer ive tried every color of lenses stood on my head layd down even tried it sober nothing works im sure me being 70 dosent help eather, help please.
    blind man

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Hold lower on the house and find a lens that will bring out the contrast. What glasses do you wear? I am thinking maybe the ColorMag stuff.

What lenses have you used?

3. over/under

over/under Member

Heck I can't see em on sunny days.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have problems even at the 16 on such days. Have you been checked for cataracts?

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A very light Orange or Gold is what I have found to work best in heavy overcast.

I just bombed the first round of a shoot last week fromhaving too dark a lens. Lesson learned.

HM

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nobody sees as well in dim light as they do otherwise. The answer appears to be that your eyes require more light than they used to to see in dim light and ANY colored lens reduces total amount of light you get. Changing the wavelength of the light you receive or changing the contrast in colors doesn't increase the light you get to use. Either increase the amount of light coming into your eyes or accept the fact that you can't see as well as you used to. One tip... either don't wear a baseball cap on dim days or turn it around with the bill in the back. The bill creates a dark area in front of your eyes.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.