1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Beer...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I love dark beer.. Sam Adams, Dogfishhead,fat tire etc.. i also love to slug down 3-4 every evening.. but several months ago i noticed my belt was awfully tight in my normal spot so I looseded it a couple of holes..lol.. finally i made the switch to Michelob Ultra, quit eating anything white and have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks..lol... I'm at 200 right now.. 2 things worry me.. will I dry up and blow away and will my trap scores plummet because of my gut not hanging over my belt??

2. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

That Mic Ultra is going to put you at a serious disadvantage sooner rather than later.

This is my favorite time of year - mai bock/spring bock season. I am enjoying a delicious Seirra nevada Glissade as I type.

K

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

i can't believe that you can actually drink an ultra. drink 2 kingfisher light lagers, walk a mile before bed and then post back in the morning. good luck with it

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

blkcloud--- Have you tried Sam Adams Pale Ale? That has been my vice lately. I have went up 2 jean sizes since having back surgery last year. Must be all that hardware they added. Can't be the beer. I refuse to believe that something that tastes that good does that much harm. Thats my story and i'm stick'n to it.

Matt

5. folothru

folothru Member

i cannot beleve you are drinking that stuff we call that stuff LESBIAN LAGER here in the grewat state of ohio!!! what you should do is jump in your 250 or 350 and make a run for the border if you live in OHIO just as you cross over in almost heaven pick up some yuenling to get the taste of this crap out yo mouth by sluggin down at least 2 nuff said

6. capulona

capulona TS Member

switch to Guinness, or my all time favorite, Aventinus (14% alcohol). I'm 49 and my waist size has grown only 2 inches in 25 years (Levis size 29 to 31). Maybe it'll work for you, too. :)

Oh you gotta drink at least a six pack every day, plus the occasional bottle of wine.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

My favorite is Amber Bock by Michelob. Another thing is I prefer my beer to be cool not cold. Seems like you get more flavor that way.

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Where are you finding the Dogfishhead beer? I'm in Missouri and can't find any here.

I do like the Fat tire beer great malt flavor and not too heavy on the hopps.

Jim

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I am not going to comment on weight but I can surely blame a bit of the extra I'm carrying to DosXX or Killians Red and a few Sam Adams....i plan to try some of the new Natty Boh too

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jim101---My brother lives in Godfrey, IL and he picked up some Dogfish Head beer in Granite City, IL. I'm not sure which store he got it from though. He bought the Indian Brown Ale. I tried one and it was pretty good stuff. Don't think i could drink it all the time though. Just not my cup'o'tea.

I guess i may be assuming you live in or near St.Louis though. For some reason i do that all the time. I guess much like when i tell people i live in IL and they think Chicago. I'm at the other end of the State(Thank God)!

Matt

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I like dark beer with a raw egg in it.

Obsidian Stout, Black Butte Porter, and some other local darks here mighty fine.

12. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Don't go overboard and lose that gut. On the trap line it's a balance thing. Most of the top shooters have one. They know what they're doing. Use the beer to wash down pork chops and fried potatoes, then have one with ice cream for dessert. Those scores will go up.

13. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Matt I live about an hour east of KC. I will be making a trip to Taylorville later this year. I'll have to look for some.

Jim

14. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

A six pack of Aventinus a day? That's a damn good beer but how can you afford to shoot after that. ha.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Come shoot trap with me this evening dear<br>
    And we will kill twelve cans of beer:<br>
    We’ll join the others on the team<br>
    And eat three quarts of peach ice-cream.<br>
    And in between each round we do<br>
    We’ll eat a burger and BBQ<br>
    A dozen hot dogs, sacks of fries<br>
    A meatball and two apple pies;<br>
    Come trapshoot with me, you really should --<br>
    The exercise will do us good.<br>

16. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Note to trapshooters:

Management has spotted a trend lately. There is nothing wrong with having a Bloody Mary or two with breakfast to open the eyes and get the blood flowing. Everybody can enjoy a Martini or three with lunch. If you don't like tea, a couple of beers will do at tea time. Nothing wrong with a highball or two to whet the appetite, and most people like a bottle of wine along with dinner. Top that off with a brandy after dinner, and no one can sleep well without a hot toddy night cap.

But, this damn business of sip, sip, sip all day long has got to stop!

Sincerely,

Management

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My favorite was Beck's Dark , it was used to chase a Peter Luger's steak. Its been 25 years since I had anything that good. or even close to it.

Phil Berkowitz

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

"Eat your way to triple A" would make a great t-shirt for trapshooting.

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Spessart and Speckt dark....available only in Bavaria...WOW....the best beer I've ever drank....and up here in Alberta, we have Big Rock Traditional and Montana has Moose Drool Brown Ale and Pig's Ass Porter....good stuff!

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If you like a very dark beer with an intense flavor try Bourbon Barrel Stout by Bluegrass brewing co, Louisville, Kentucky. It's barrel aged and very good. Cost about $9 a four pack, pour carefully into frosty mug as it has a good head.

Stout beer has also added some girth to my frame, Try Amstel light, it's no stout but has some decent flavor and very light on the calories.