1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Darien Sporting Goods?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazziboy1, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Did anyone go to darien on monday for their registered shoot? just curious if they held it and how many people showed. Thanks Steve

2. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

The shoot went on as scheduled. I believe we had 6 singles squads and 8 for caps. 2 or 3 squads shot at 200 more doubles. As always Dave and his crew provided really great targets, and kept things moving smooth. These guys and gals are the best!!
    Dave

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

It was a nice shoot as always, though the 90+ and high humidity made it feel more like Sparta.

Missed the little conversations with Mary, they have some nice photo boards up to honor her.

We were done by 3:00 and looking forward to doubles marathon next week.

SW

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I hear that Mary has passed on. Can someone confirm that?

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Mary passed on August 15th.

I really hope they keeps everything going, it's a super little place to shoot.

SW

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Mary was a very nice lady. The shooters in the area will really miss her.

Doug Braker

7. FIB

FIB Member

I haven't shot there in some time but I'm saddened to hear of Mary's passing. She was a very nice Lady.

8. mooney

mooney Member

My sincerest condolences to Dave and the shooters who frequent Darien. I shot as much as I could at Darien before I moved to South Carolina and remember Dave and Mary well. Mary had a great sense of humor and was a hard core cat lover. Sadly some of her cats met an untimely end on Hwy. 14. Perhaps Dave remembeers Red Dot; I sure do. It was a cold windy day and I was the only shooter at the place. I was shooting caps and broke my first 50 straight from the 22. When I turned to leave the field Red Dot was sitting on the score sheet giving Dave numerous head butts. If the sign which reads "Husband and Cat missing....Reward for return of Cat" is still in the club house, I sent it to Mary about two weeks after I got to SC. She was a super person and I am sure that every who knew her will miss her.

Mooney-Glenn Wedding

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.