1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Danuser comp-coil, Good or Bad ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JS72, Jul 9, 2013.

1. JS72

JS72 Member

I've seen this on the internet, I would like to install a recoil system on my Beretta 390. I have a bad neck problems. Yes, the 390 alone is a soft shooter, but I would like to make it as soft as I can. Can anyone tell me about this recoil system. Thank you for any input.

2. Smogface

Smogface Member

I have had them on two guns, a BT99 and A grade 5 Browning and they worked great. Terry

3. Ammo222

Ammo222 Member

I have them on 4 guns and love them . Not saying there aren't better recoil reduction systems for someone trying to get the absolute greatest reduction in recoil but this Danuser System has worked well for me and their service has been excellent.

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Good or Bad? Good!

Contact Emory @ 573-642-7909 for sales and installation.

milt

5. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Who would think that a company that makes post hole diggers could also make a
    great recoil reduction device.
    There service is also good if you need any repairs.

6. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

The counter coil is better--it is hydraulic --comp coil is spring operated..

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

One thing you need to know about the Countercoil, the stiffer you want it the shorter the cylinder moves it begins at 1/2 inch, I had this problem it would collapse just shouldering the gun so I turned it so this would not happen I then found it did not move the full 1/2 inch more like 3/8ths.

I would never own another one because of this feature,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

9. plaw

plaw Active Member

I have severe shoulder problems and i finally put one on my perazzi and love it.i think the soft touch is better but 5 times the money.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think they are as good as any and better than most- regardless of money to actually mitigate recoil- much smooter than the spring operated systems

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I use them on 2 of My Guns and think they are GREAT, much smoother than the Spring activated units available. And the Service is Fantastic. The only drawback is if You have a failure in a unit there is a couple ounces of hydraulic oil inside Your stock not a worry for me but if You happen to have High dollar wood it might upset You.

Mark

12. Borderland

Borderland Member

Comp Coil is spring compression only which has a shorter cyl and allows installation in an automatic (ala gracoil)...The Counter Coil has hydraulic dampening and the longer cyl may preclude its installation in some automatics

13. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Zardoz, I agree. Jerry Danuser and his wife have been around trapshooting for decades. Good people!

milt

14. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Danuser is a great product, I've had two on Perazzi's. My opinion, the best recoil reducing system for Beretta 390/391 is a Soft Touch stock. I had one of their composite stocks on a 391, the combination made for the softest shooting
    guns I've owned.

Surfer

Search tags for this page
comp coil

counter coil

counter coil recoil reduction
counter coil unit for recoil reduction
countercoil
countercoil for shotgun
danuser compcoil
how good is danuser auger units