1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Until I paid $1,000 for a gun I was convinced that $2,500 was really expensive and anything above $5,000 was outrageous. Almost immediately after dropping a little under $5,000 for a new shotgun, I find myself calmly looking at guns in the 5 digit arena. Of course, $10,000 seems absurd, but certainly no longer out of the question - IF its the right gun, of course. After seriously considering unloading a few of the older guns in the safe, I admit to procrastinating now that the new upper range gun is on board.

I noticed a similar chain of events when I bought my first used sports car. The next one, at considerably higher cost, was a lot easier to buy. So easy, in fact, that I didn’t sell number one as I had thought I would. I actually purchased a lift so both cars could be kept indoors when I don’t drive them.

This could be dangerous because I have this record of leap-frogging on my upper price limits. What was outrageous a year ago is worth considering today. Even my cigar tastes have jumped from the $2.50 range to up near $10.00 per stick. When all is said and done, I'm blessed because my better half has yet to complain and my heirs are always glad to see a new bauble come through the door. And, I'm learning to appreciate quality and what it costs - not as much as I had always feared.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

As the old saying goes,"Money is like manure, it doesn't do any good unless you spread it around"

That always worked for me so I could justify buying something

3. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

My justification usually goes something like this...."I cant sell that because it was my first shotgun....I cant sell that one because it was my first trap gun....I cant sell that one because it was my first high-end trap gun..." You get the picture.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Just get a bigger safe, or a second one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.