1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dan Wesson M#15-2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by need to shoot more, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I see there are 2 Dan Wesson pistol paks on Gun Broaker both North of 1K is that accurate ? I own one so I have nothing to gain here just asking.

Jim

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I too own one in 357. New unfired, have owned it longer than I can remember. They have no bids so you can ask what you want but selling is another story. The one is $1500 with no takers but it is a 44 so who knows. I have never seen one bring that much. I bought a used set for $600 from a pawn shop and sold it for $750 on GB

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The pistol packs on GB include the pistol, not just the barrels ... I'll give $500.00 for just the barrels and liners if .357 Mag ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think your offer is fair

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I waited for another guy to make up his mind if he wanted this set and then was told they were available again after several weeks ... In the mean time I found out what they were worth and offered that the second time around ... I guess they are not for sale, the other guy got smart also and figured he offered too much and didn't take them ... I don't need them but would take them for $500.00 if in 95% + condition and all barrels, liners and complete kit is there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I have seen some Dan Wesson Pistol Packs sell for 1400, but they were loaded with perfect shrouds, barrels and all the good lengths in perfect 99% condition with all tools and documents.

There is also a very RARE Hunter Pack with the 44 Magnum that comes in a giant case with
    scopes, long to short barrels and shrouds. DW made very few of these. Many of the magnum
    calibers with ported and vented rib shrouds bring top dollar. Perhaps 3X the above figure.

There was also a slab side gun made for the Bianci Cup shooting with a massive shroud which is
    about 2" tall. All in stainless. That is a very rare Dan Wesson. The action on that is effortless and snick snick smooth.

The DW 1911's are really fine .45's and made in small numbers in high tolerances. Very accurate and frame to slide fitment are near perfect. The new Valors and older Pointman's are great guns at a good price. The price used to be better.... but still a good value.

Art

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I sold a 744 pistol pack that was like new with all 3 barrels for 600 last year

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

FYI - there was a fire at their facility a few weeks back, and they are rebuilding. Latest word is they should be back on their feet and production sometime early-mid next year, and given their already small production runs, I think we're in for a bit of a wait. The gouging by dealers with new stock has already begun.

I have a DW 1911 and it is really nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.