1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DAN THOME (TRAP2) UPDATE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Sunday, 7/20/08.....11:10am.... Our dear friends and constant supporters. It is with great sadness that I tell you that Jana has lost her battle, and passed away this morning at 7:00am. Yesterday she had some major blood clots break loose in her legs and they went straight to her lungs. She collapsed on the living room floor just as we were leaving to get her "fries and vanilla shake" and I called the ambulance because I could tell it was serious. The doctors did a CT scan and discovered the clots in her lungs and told me that they could not use blood thinners on her because of the small bleed in her brain. The thinners would cause her to bleed out in a matter of minutes and be very painful. The next option was to put in a Greenlee shunt that would trap the clots as they moved up her legs. The problem with that is her heart, and her brain, would not be able to withstand the anesthesia, and the surgery is a major invasive type of procedure. Even with the shunt, her condition would continue to deterioriate. The last option was to keep her heavily sedated, keep her comfortable, and let her go. Jana and I, long ago, signed a "Do not recessitate" form stating that we did not want to be kept alive if there was no chance for a reasonable quality of life for either of us. The choice was clear, we had to just let her go. She went peacefully, in my arms, in no pain, this morning. She did not want to continue any type of treatment unless it was definately going to make her better. She and I both understood that it was just a matter of time before the cancer got her, and she didn't want to continue the rest of her life wasting away on the sofa, with the highest point in her life being a trip downtown for a half hour to get a milkshake. Jana went out of this life with dignity, and on her own terms. I will miss her more than words can possibly say. I am at home typing this for you all, looking around our house, remembering her and all she did. The void and the emptiness I am feeling is beyond any words I can type. I have lost my best friend, my life partner, and the most precious gift I have ever been given. I am happy for Jana as she now has the peace she deserves and no longer has to worry about going from one day to the next, knowing it isn't going to get better. God's speed, Jana. You're in a far better place now, honey...... Thank you all for your continued prayers, support, and caring. I can't possibly thank you all individually, but, I can thank you all here........Dan

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Dan, My deepest sympathy to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers. A terrible point in your life that we all must travel. Thank God she did not suffer in leaving you. God Bless, Bob

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Dear Dan,

Please except my sincere condolences. My wife and I have a signed agreement as did you and I hope that carrying out that final agreement gives you peace.

Jerry Weger

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Oh how very sad. I'm a bit choked up as I offer you my deepest condolences on the loss of your best friend and life partner.

Eric

5. oletymer

oletymer Member

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a spouse is one of the hardest experiences most of us will face on our lives.

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Dan,

May peace rein over you and those you love.

Kip

7. rrose

rrose TS Member

Dan
    I have and will continue to pray for you and your family at this heartbreaking time. May God bless you and comfort you all.

Randy Rose

8. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

My sincere condolences Dan. - Jim Elliott

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

God be with you, Jana and your family. My deepest simpathy goes out to all of you my friend. Be well.

Jon Schorle

10. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

Prayers sent for each of you. Sorry for your loss.

Robert Harris

11. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Dan,

From our family to yours....

We pray God's peace for you and your family and may He rest her in Peace until you meet again!

Milt and Jimette Palasota

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This is a sad day for all of us here at TS. Dan, you have a PM

13. mono1393

mono1393 Member

My sincere sympathy and condolences to you and your family Dan. We miss you at the Grand Pacific. God bless you and keep you.

Chris J Morris & family

14. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Take care.

jeff

15. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Dan

You have my condolences and prayers.

Vince McNamara

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Dan, sending you peace. Our hearts are all breaking for you.

17. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Dan, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Jana today. Mike & Trudy in Calgary

18. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

We're all keeping you and your family close to our hearts.

Big Hugs,

Vicki

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Dan; Thoughts and prayers from one of your TS.com family.

Don

20. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Dan, so sorry for your loss...a few Hail Mary's headed your way. I had the good fortune of meeting you and your wife years back at the Sacramento Trap Club. I could tell you and your South Dakota woman were darn fine people. God bless. Jim McCarthy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.