1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dan Bonillas Shooting Clinic at Del-Tone/Luth

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

DEL-TONE/LUTH GUN RANGE in St. Cloud, Minnesota is Happy and Proud to announce that Mr. Dan Bonillas has agreed to conduct a two-day shooting clinic on Thursday, May 31st and Friday, June 1st. Dan teaches in a one-on-one style where each shooter spends time with Dan to start the day, goes out and shoots to work on new techniques, then comes back and spends additional time with Dan in a one-on-one up-close and personal manner to see how the techniques worked. Mr. Bonillas has agreed to take up to 15 shooters for this clinic and the cost of the clinic is $450.00. There will be a $250.00 nonrefundable deposit when registering. The cost of the targets, ammunition and lunch will be the responsibility of each shooter. Please contact the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range at (320)251-9873 or send and email to jeff@del-tone-luth.com for additional information or to register.

On a side note, the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range will be hosting the 29th Annual ATA Viking Shoot Saturday, June 2nd and Sunday, June 3rd, so each shooter will be able to test their new found knowledge in a competitive atmosphere if they so choose.

A brief History of Dan Bonillas’s Trapshooting Achievements:

Dan Bonillas was 20 years old when he began shooting trap in 1967. He was named to the All-America team for the first time five years later and remained an All-American for 22 straight years, earning captain positions in 1967, 80, and ‘83, and co-captaincies in 1975, 78, 79, and ‘81.

Dan has earned 56 Grand American trophies, captured four Spring Grand titles, amassed 30 Golden West Grand crowns, and won 13 Western Division (Zone) and 21 California state championships. He set records in the Grand American High-Over-All and All-Around, turned in association-leading averages 19 times, qualified for 18 consecutive Trap & Field All-Around Average Awards.

Bonillas headed A.T.A. yearly handicap averages on six occasions between 1975 and 1988, with his .9515 on 8,000 targets in 1977 setting a record. All marks were from 27 yards.

No one has headed yearly doubles averages more than Bonillas. He has topped the list 13 times since 1974, and he set records of .9795 on 4,100 targets in 1974, .9800 on 5,050 in 1981, .9802 on 4,250 the following season and .9866 on 2,250 in 1984.

Among his 18 consecutive Trap & Field All-Around Average Awards starting in 1973, 13 were for first place — 1974 through 1980, 1982, 1984, and 1988.
    Career total is over 200 – 100 straights in doubles, more than any other shooter in history. He also had eighty 200x200 singles scores (including 26 at the Grand American), plus 52 between total between ATA and PITA 100 straights from the 27 yard line (second in lifetime standings).

Dan was inducted into the California Trapshooting Hall of Fame in 1990.

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Dan is the man. If I did not live 2000 miles away I would be first in line. Trevor Dawe

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wow! What a coup d'etat

Nice shot.

4. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A friend took a days lesson with Dan in the 80s and a few weeks later won the CA state singles championship!

Hap

6. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Ya had me up there not long ago. I'd have done it for nothin'.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Lit.. Perhaps he offers "value-added"

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Hey Lit, How's the saying go, "you get what you pay for."

9. Ted Alsteen

Ted Alsteen Member

The only man I would ever take a lesson from. Has been my trapshooting idol since 1985 when I was 12 years old. I hope he will have a clinic out here in the Northwest someday.

Ted

10. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

11. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

If I was leading that clinic, I'd show a shooting video of trapshooting's answer to Laurel and Hardy (Hitapair and Semi-Ray).

When the video ended and the laughter subsided, I'd say, "Did you all see that? Well don't ever, ever do it like that."

Then I'd thank them for coming.

12. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

13. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

14. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

15. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

16. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

Somebody above said it Dan the man. Boy the West coast sure has had some great shooters, imagine the squad you could put together with the likes of Dan you also have guys like Ron Alcoriza and Dave Kelly just off the top!

17. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

18. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Still have some openings left!! If your interested, now's the time to register as it's only a few weeks away!!!!

19. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

What Dan has accomplished in trap shooting is phenominal. 100 100 straights from the 27 yd. line,WOW! I could respect these superstars more if they would of had to shoot their earned yardage. With a .9515 average,its quite obvious 27 yards is not a handicap for him? His .9866 on doubles is better than most shooters singles scores. They need to shoot from their earned yardage! Dan still shoots excellent scores as he is now a veteran .9411 handicap--.9660 doubles in 2011.
    Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dan bonillas shooting clin ics

dan bonillas trapshooter

dan bonillis trap video
dan in shooting videos
trap shooting dan bonillas